The Student Room Group

Hertie School of Governance

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I was also admitted. I submitted my application on 24 Jan and I got my offer on 29 Jan. It seems that they are now on holidays. In the admission email, it said Due to the holidays please allow at least two weeks for us to reply.

So dun worry.

It takes a bit of time before they can get back to you.
Reply 61
thank's for this information witch is crutial for me. So i have to wait until the end of the holidays.
it seems very long !
Reply 62
Does anyone know about the scholarships process?
Reply 63
Hi Mickunsum,

congrats on getting the offer. Could you share some details about your profile
Reply 64
Original post by XanderAlex
Hi Mickunsum,

Thank you XanderALex

Sure.

Academics : BA in English Studies in Hong Kong (Second Upper Class), MA in South American Studies in Buenos Aires (High distinction)

Internship: foreign country consulate, international NGOs, Think Tank
Volunteer : 9 months in a slum in Peru + 2 years in slums in Argentina

Language : Cantonese, Mandarin, English, Japanese and Spanish = proficient
Portuguese = advanced
German = beginner

If you want to know about the profiles of Hertie students, you can go to their website. They provide detailed profile of each student.

Hope this helps
Reply 65
Dear XanderAlex,

Hertie School students seems to have different profiles. :smile:

Best regards,
Chechi

Hi Mickunsum,

(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 66
Thanks guys...The students at Hertie do seem to have diverse profiles. I wanted to get a feel of this year's successful applicants since the admission is on rolling basis.

Mickensum: You do have a very strong profile. :smile:

I sent my application on the last suggested day i.e. 1st Feb. And now, I am very apprehensive :smile:

Original post by chechi
Dear XanderAlex,

Hertie School students seems to have quite different profiles. :smile:

Best regards,
Chechi
Reply 67
I got into Hertie two weeks ago, waiting to hear about scholarships though.
Reply 68
Original post by Kagelo
I got into Hertie two weeks ago, waiting to hear about scholarships though.

Congratulations Kagelo! I also just received my offer of admission last week, and I'm also waiting to hear about the stipends/scholarships. mickunsum said that we might start hearing about the stipends next week.

Cheers & good weekend! :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 69
congrats both of you...I still haven't heard from the admission office. :frown:

What are your profile like? In terms of work experience, is it a disadvantage if one has more than 3-4 years of experience?

Original post by rdlr_FR
Congratulations Kagelo! I also just received my offer of admission last week, and I'm also waiting to hear about the stipends/scholarships. mickunsum said that we might start hearing about the stipends next week.

Cheers & good weekend! :smile:
Reply 70
Hi everyone. I also got accepted and I´m also waiting for the scholarships responses.
I don´t think having more than 3 years of work-experience is a disadvantage.
Good luck to everyone, as soon as I hear something I´ll let you know.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 71
I dun think having worked for 3 years is a disadvantage.

Just sent them an email. They said they would notify the selected scholarship recipients by this weekend.

Good Luck and please share your good new here.
Reply 72
Hi Xander,

I do not think it is a disadvantage at all if one has more than 3-4 years experience. Depending on what kind of work you did, I think having experience means that you will bring a lot of knowledge and professional insights to the table.

I graduated with a liberal arts background for my undergraduate studies in 2011. I have about 2.5 years work experience within a higher education setting involving research, though not directly doing research. I come from Asia, and I have significant study-abroad experience in Europe.

All the best!

congrats both of you...I still haven't heard from the admission office. :frown:

What are your profile like? In terms of work experience, is it a disadvantage if one has more than 3-4 years of experience?
Reply 73
Congratulations!

Original post by avaldesq
Hi everyone. I also got accepted and I´m also waiting for the scholarships responses.
I don´t think having more than 3 years of work-experience is a disadvantage.
Good luck to everyone, as soon as I hear something I´ll let you know.
Reply 74
anybody has some good news to share ?

So far, I have not heard anything.
Reply 75
Nothing so far :frown:
Reply 76
Hey guys. I actually got some bad news yesterday. No scholarship for me. I guess maybe, if you haven´t heard anything yet, it could be good news, so do not worry. Best of luck to you all!
Reply 77
Hey guys. I actually got some bad news yesterday. No scholarship for me. I guess maybe, if you haven´t heard anything yet, it could be good news, so do not worry. Best of luck to you all!

Im sorry to hear that. Check the boell foundation website. Maybe you have the requierements for their scholarships.

I haven't received any news either.
Reply 78
Hello everyone. Bad news for me too - no scholarship.

What about the tuition fee waivers, anyone knows when we will get results for that? I will email them about this as well and keep you guys posted.

Cheers!

Reply 79
I was offered the admission on mid-February and I am waiting for the scholarship response too. They told me to wait until mid-March and if I don't get news from them, I should contact them. However, as far as I know, the scholarship means a tuition fee waiver. I didn't know they were two different processes. Are they?

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending