Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Wild but possible theory

Announcements Posted on
Become part of the Welcome Squad! Apply here! 28-10-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I v'e been giving this whole "Harry the Horcrux" theory a lot of thought, and i'm starting to believe it is true. How do we know that Voldy went to kill harry that night? He could have heard part of the prophecy, and decided that the best way to ensure it wouldnt come true would be to put part of his soul into the one person it is said that will be his downfall.that way, harry would never be able to kill him, as he'd have to kill himself to do so.He may have had no intention of killing harry, he may never have even done avada kedavra on him.he had the horcru sacrafice (harrys mum) which is how you make a horcrux- you have to kill someone.then he performs the horcrux charm on harry.but of course, everyone assumes he's tried to kill harry, because of the fact that his parents were killed.it would even fool dumbledore, because of the prophecy he knows about.it would make sense to everyoe to think voldy was trying to ill harry, when in fact all h was doing was putting his own soul into the one person said to be able to defeat him- and in ddoing this ensuring that the only way he'll die is if harry kills himself first! We all know how supremely inteligent voldy is, and this idea of his would be absolutely foolproof.also exolains why harry and voldy are so somilar......

voldy never intended to kill harry then

there are flaws to my theory, such as the fact that he has tried to kill harry since then- or has he? if he has it may be because he realises the danger of having part of his soul in someone so close to the all-powerful dumbeldore, and he knows he still has plenty of horcruxes left.as long as his soul is on harry, he, voldy, would be too close for comfort to dumbledore, and so he wants to back out of having harry as a horcrux.as voldy has seen, going after harry while dumbledore is around has proved very tough on him.but now with dumbeldore gone, maybe he will leave the horcrux in harry- which is why he tells the deatheaters to leave harry alive after theyre done with dumbledore.

all feel free to shoot down my theory with your well-aimed brain-bullets.......
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Harry remembers a flash of green light, which was probably the Avada Kedavra curse. And another weird question. if harry is a horcrux, how much soul does he have? Like 1.2 or something?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cottonmouth)
    I v'e been giving this whole "Harry the Horcrux" theory a lot of thought, and i'm starting to believe it is true. How do we know that Voldy went to kill harry that night? He could have heard part of the prophecy, and decided that the best way to ensure it wouldnt come true would be to put part of his soul into the one person it is said that will be his downfall.that way, harry would never be able to kill him, as he'd have to kill himself to do so.He may have had no intention of killing harry, he may never have even done avada kedavra on him.he had the horcru sacrafice (harrys mum) which is how you make a horcrux- you have to kill someone.then he performs the horcrux charm on harry.but of course, everyone assumes he's tried to kill harry, because of the fact that his parents were killed.it would even fool dumbledore, because of the prophecy he knows about.it would make sense to everyoe to think voldy was trying to ill harry, when in fact all h was doing was putting his own soul into the one person said to be able to defeat him- and in ddoing this ensuring that the only way he'll die is if harry kills himself first! We all know how supremely inteligent voldy is, and this idea of his would be absolutely foolproof.also exolains why harry and voldy are so somilar......

voldy never intended to kill harry then

there are flaws to my theory, such as the fact that he has tried to kill harry since then- or has he? if he has it may be because he realises the danger of having part of his soul in someone so close to the all-powerful dumbeldore, and he knows he still has plenty of horcruxes left.as long as his soul is on harry, he, voldy, would be too close for comfort to dumbledore, and so he wants to back out of having harry as a horcrux.as voldy has seen, going after harry while dumbledore is around has proved very tough on him.but now with dumbeldore gone, maybe he will leave the horcrux in harry- which is why he tells the deatheaters to leave harry alive after theyre done with dumbledore.

Good theory! One possible sticking point is below. It's not a book 6 spoiler, but I thought I'd stick it in 'spoiler' tags because it might give away something about book 7...

Spoiler:
    Show
    In the Mugglenet/Leaky Cauldron interview, JKR was asked whether there was anyone else in Godric's Hollow the night of the Potters' deaths, and she said 'no comment'. So perhaps there was a witness who told Dumbledore that Voldemort intended to kill Harry.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuheen)
    Harry remembers a flash of green light, which was probably the Avada Kedavra curse. And another weird question. if harry is a horcrux, how much soul does he have? Like 1.2 or something?
    The Avada Kedavra curse killed his parents, so that could be why he remembers it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If this is what actually happened, then I cant figure out how harry will kill Voldemorte. The series will be useless.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Didn't he want to murder Harry to power a horcrux? Hence why when his parents saved him, Voldemort's plans meant that he had to kill the carekeeper guy who intruded on him with the snake in the flashback at the start of CoS.

Also, it doesn't make any sense for Harry to be a Horcrux. Why would you want to put part of your soul into something that was going to try and kill you every five minutes?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    But remember what it was like to be controlled by Voldy,according to Ginny? The bit of riddle's soul entered her I guess and she couldn't remember what she was doing for a certain amount of time. if Voldy's soul was inside Harry then shouldn't the same thing happen? And how can Voldy's soul remain in Harry? He couldn't even touch him before.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    and thats why he used Harry blood to revive himself in the 4rth book!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    But then did he make Harry a horcrux? He was trying to kill him.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    harry potter likes to smoke the herb now and again
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigdavevw)
    harry potter likes to smoke the herb now and again
    What does that mean?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's a good theory, and would be very interesting, but to be honest I don't think that JKR would have thought of it, it's quite a complicated set-up to write really.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wise One)
    Didn't he want to murder Harry to power a horcrux? Hence why when his parents saved him, Voldemort's plans meant that he had to kill the carekeeper guy who intruded on him with the snake in the flashback at the start of CoS.

Also, it doesn't make any sense for Harry to be a Horcrux. Why would you want to put part of your soul into something that was going to try and kill you every five minutes?
    youve got your books mixed up. the carekeeper guy was in goblet of fire, and that wasnt harry and his parents.the riddle house they talk about where the adults are killed are voldys dad and grandparents, not harry n his muim n dad.
    and how would voldy have known that harry was gunna try n kill himevery five mins when he was a baby?and does harry try and kill him, or does voldy always go to him?think before you post!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The prophecy said that harry or neville will have the power to vanquish the dark lord. That is what snape told Voldy.So Voldy knew that Harry was gunna try n kill him.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuheen)
    The prophecy said that harry or neville will have the power to vanquish the dark lord. That is what snape told Voldy.So Voldy knew that Harry was gunna try n kill him.
    yeh......which is why voldy decides to make him a horcrux, because then the only way voldy could die is if hary died first- and then how would he kill voldy?its a way of making sure he stays alive.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I thought the same as you cottonmouth as soon as i'd finished HBP. I think it makes total sense: the way none of the death eaters are allowed to kill Harry despite having had the opportunity, supposedly because Voldemort has to do it himself. It's perfectly possible that Voldemort never wanted to kill him in the first place, instead keeping a very close eye on him (through teachers at Hogwarts etc), or rather, on his soul. It isn't THAT complicated considering the complexity of the story so far, and would make a brilliant ending. After getting rid of all the other horcruxes, Harry himself would have to die to save everyone from Voldemort.

The witness to the death of Harry's parents idea is very possible too. Can't work out who it would be.. Dumbledore maybe? I can't work out if he'd have told Harry though.

Cxx
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cottonmouth)
    If your theory is correct then everything on that night went according to Voldemort's plan - Harry was never meant to die - so then what "killed" Voldemort, and turned him into a wandering spirit for a decade? Voldie says to Harry that it was a backfiring AK.

If there were witnesses, they pretty much have to be Death Eaters, or they would have also been killed. Possibly Wormtail was there, but I suspect Snape was also present. Depending on whether Snape was already being a double-agent or not, we may have to assume the Snape-loves-Lily theory to get him to defect on the spot as soon as Voldemort vanishes. But then that would explain why Dumbledore knew so quickly. It would also explain why Lily was given a chance to live (as mentioned in the MN/TLC interview) - as Voldemort's favour to Snape. Lily chose death for Harry instead of life with Snape, and Snape consequently nurses a healthy decade of grudge for Harry.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Immortal Wombat)
    If your theory is correct then everything on that night went according to Voldemort's plan - Harry was never meant to die - so then what "killed" Voldemort, and turned him into a wandering spirit for a decade? Voldie says to Harry that it was a backfiring AK.

If there were witnesses, they pretty much have to be Death Eaters, or they would have also been killed. Possibly Wormtail was there, but I suspect Snape was also present. Depending on whether Snape was already being a double-agent or not, we may have to assume the Snape-loves-Lily theory to get him to defect on the spot as soon as Voldemort vanishes. But then that would explain why Dumbledore knew so quickly. It would also explain why Lily was given a chance to live (as mentioned in the MN/TLC interview) - as Voldemort's favour to Snape. Lily chose death for Harry instead of life with Snape, and Snape consequently nurses a healthy decade of grudge for Harry.

Yeah Lily was sympathetic towards Snape. But how would Voldy's soul reside in Harry's body when he couldn't touch him, I dont get. Voldy did took Harry's blood, but people are suggesting that Harry became a horcrux at the age of one. Any explaination :confused: ?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, the prophecy states that 'one will have to die at the hand of the other.' If Harry was a horcrux, he would have to kill himself, e.g. Destroy all the horcruxes before destroying the last part of the soul residing in Vmort's body, as DD says in HBP. This is highly unlikely to happen and does not work via the prophecy quote above, as neither is klling the other.

Secondly, if Harry was a horcrux, it is v.likely he would know. As DD says, living horcruxes are tricky to create since the hosts know about the soul inside them. He was talking about nagini, so it is safe to assume Harry will also know if he has a part of Vmort's soul in him.

It's a good theory, but that's my reading on it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by feeling good)
    Firstly, the prophecy states that 'one will have to die at the hand of the other.' If Harry was a horcrux, he would have to kill himself, e.g. Destroy all the horcruxes before destroying the last part of the soul residing in Vmort's body, as DD says in HBP. This is highly unlikely to happen and does not work via the prophecy quote above, as neither is klling the other.

Secondly, if Harry was a horcrux, it is v.likely he would know. As DD says, living horcruxes are tricky to create since the hosts know about the soul inside them. He was talking about nagini, so it is safe to assume Harry will also know if he has a part of Vmort's soul in him.

It's a good theory, but that's my reading on it.
    Precisely
Updated: August 23, 2005
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Join the TSR Halloween party...if you dare!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.