The Student Room Group
PVTHADON
Anybody here doing GNVQ ICT i am really worried and i want to achieve a distinction. However i believe that my school is not explaining what has to be done to achieve this level well. Mainly because no one in my class is bothered to get above a pass. Can anybody help me please.

i did GNVQ ICT in a yr last yr and got a distinction. our school didn't explain some of it 2 well only a few people got distinction but if u wanna no what u hav 2 do u nd 2 ask the teachers. 4 each unit we had a different department of teachers like science, languages, english, maths and humanities - only IT teachers 4 1 so we had more idea what 2 do than them. as long as u try hard and put in the wrk at home if necessary u can do wel.
Reply 2
Yeh but i don't know how much i actually need to do on each unit. I have done over 40 pages of annotated screenshots and reports for Unit 3 is thsi enough. Also i have a bungalow graphics project and i've done over 25 pages
PVTHADON
Yeh but i don't know how much i actually need to do on each unit. I have done over 40 pages of annotated screenshots and reports for Unit 3 is thsi enough. Also i have a bungalow graphics project and i've done over 25 pages

40 pages shud b enuf i h8d unit 3 thos graphics was fun does this help?

Pass:
configure the operating system and applications software
create a macro
produce a basic design of the HTML program and create suitable text, images, sound and control buttons and hot spots to link pages
annotate screen prints and printouts of listings to show how you configured an operating system and created a macro and HTML program
describe basic specifications for input and output devices, main processing unit, software and configuration requirements to meet user needs
describe safe working practices when setting up equipment and methods of ensuring the accuracy and security of data.

Merit:
annotate your screen prints accurately and clearly to show how you configured an operating system and applications software
produce several linked HTML pages of information
annotate screen prints and printouts of your macro and HTML program accurately and clearly to show their purpose and how they work
provide detailed definitions of input and output devices and accurate descriptions of the main processing unit, software and configuration requirements to meet user needs

Distinction:
produce detailed plans of your HTML program
produce several attractive, easy-to-use HTML pages of information that make good use of text, sound and graphic images and enable the user to move easily between the pages
explain how your macro improves the efficiency and quality of output
show, through annotated copies of the code before and after editing, that you have edited program code to modify or correct the program
Reply 4
Yeah thanks we had a checklist like this for the distinction where you taught how to do html. My school does not offer this opportunity so i have 2 learn it myself.
I did ICT GNVQ, desperately hoping for a Distinction. I got 82% and 85% in the two exams (both Distinctions) but I don't know how my coursework measures up.... :eek:

Latest

Trending

Trending