The Student Room Group
Neither have any maths
Economics
Economics

Business Studies is the easiest A-Level I have done and you can get a high mark without revising and just using common sense.
Reply 2
AsTallAsLions
Neither have any maths
Economics
Economics

Business Studies is the easiest A-Level I have done and you can get a high mark without revising and just using common sense.

This as well as with business studies if you know the exam technique you're guaranteed a pass.
Reply 3
Business studies is like economics for dummies, Economics is more interesting and a far more reputable subject than business.
Business studies is more for people who want to go into business.
Economics lends itself more to maths and the economy. :biggrin:
(Can you tell that I took neither? :p: )
Economics is really interesting. Do it. Business studies is a bit of a joke.

I'm currently reading a macroeconomics book in my spare time and it's great. Economics all the way, if I wasn't **** at Maths I might have been more inclined to it overall.
Reply 6
Economics is far more reputable and more relevant than Business Studies

Neither, at A-Level, requires maths, there might be some simple calculations to do in either of them but that's about it. At degree level it's a whole different story for Economics though
Reply 7
the hardest maths you ever do in ecnomics if elasticities which is percentage changes and dividing two numbers.
Reply 8
Economics is a lot more relevant to the world I find, and no matter what, it'll always be useful to you. I personally haven't taken business studies - from what I've heard as a GCSE it was alright, but for A-level I'd avoid it and take economics over it, because it's got less of a reputation.

If you want to know what the subjects are about - economics is basically studying about the economy, how consumers and governments handle scarce resources, you'd do a bit on businesses and business behaviour, but it's much wider than that and looks at it on a much broader scale. Business studies is quite self explanatory really, not that I've taken it, but it sounds like an in-depth studying of businesses.

In short.... take economics.
Reply 9
Just wondering, if someone wanted to set up a small business after school, would you recommend Economics or Business Studies (A-Level)? I was under the impression that Business Studies is a bit more applied, is that correct?

Latest