The Student Room Group

apply online to have MSc in computer science from oxford (Very urgent)

I want to apply online to have MSc in computer science from oxford and I have the following question:_
What does “First college choice” means and when I clicked on the list it shows the following options ???

Balliol College
Campion Hall
Christ Church
Corpus Christi College
Exeter College
Hertford College
Keble College
Kellogg College
Linacre College
Lincoln College
Magdalen College
Mansfield College
Merton College
New College
Oriel College
Pembroke College
Queens
St Anne's College
St Catherine's College
St Cross College
St Edmund Hall
St Hilda's College
St Hugh's College
Trinity College
University College
Wolfson College
Worcester College

thanks
Just give up now.
Reply 3
jeremy, pure pwnage: lololololololololololol
Reply 4
johnjohn123
I want to apply online to have MSc in computer science from oxford and I have the following question:_
What does “First college choice” means and when I clicked on the list it shows the following options ???

Balliol College
Campion Hall
Christ Church
Corpus Christi College
Exeter College
Hertford College
Keble College
Kellogg College
Linacre College
Lincoln College
Magdalen College
Mansfield College
Merton College
New College
Oriel College
Pembroke College
Queens
St Anne's College
St Catherine's College
St Cross College
St Edmund Hall
St Hilda's College
St Hugh's College
Trinity College
University College
Wolfson College
Worcester College

thanks

Oxford has colleges. You're a member of a college. Colleges admit you. You must therefore apply to be a member of a college. Your "first choice" college is the one you want to be in if you had a choice.
Reply 5
But what happened to Somerville? :O
Reply 6
Dartoxian
Ohgod. you fail.

Harsh. Not all of us have family who've gone to university and know about these things.
I'd never heard of places like Warwick or Imperial until i started applying...and neither did i know about oxford or cambridge colleges until a few friends were discussing their visit to the place.
Reply 7
Dartoxian
Haha, and I do? I am the first person in my family (including extended family) to go to uni.

Not everyone at Oxford is some hideous inbred who's great grandfather was the don of some obscure college you know...

Don't know where you got those implications from my post, but nice imagination.
Reply 8
Dartoxian
Haha, and I do? I am the first person in my family (including extended family) to go to uni.

Not everyone at Oxford is some hideous inbred who's great grandfather was the don of some obscure college you know...

I thought St. Catz was the well-recognised home of the hideous inbreds! :P

And, er... Gavin Lowe smells of eldeberries!

Guns at dawn by the Lamb & Flag then?

A Somervillian
Reply 9
lambdaY
I thought St. Catz was the well-recognised home of the hideous inbreds! :P

And, er... Gavin Lowe smells of eldeberries!

Guns at dawn by the Lamb & Flag then?

A Somervillian

Pistols at dawn it is!

In a few weeks ofc...

Whats wrong with elderberries?

Plus, I don't think catz has been about long enough for proper inbreeding and ancestry. Somerville on the other hand....
Reply 10
Dartoxian
Good god you irritate me...
lol
I never implied anything about Oxbridge - My point was that coming from a background where parents have (been/been through the process of applying) to University, are more likely to have knowledge on Universities such as Oxbridge...even if they did not go there or did not apply.

I was not implying that all students at Oxbridge, have had parents, grand parents etc etc there.
Reply 11
Third parties' chips on their shoulder about Oxbridge aside, :P

I think the sentiment was that the OP hadn't even bothered to google or *gasp* check the university website (which at my last reading clearly explains the collegiate system in plain english for potential applicants) demonstrates such a remarkably blasé attitude and stultifying level of incompetence in basic research about what the bloody hell you're ostensibly applying for in the first place that the only possible reaction is sheer disbelief!

Latest

Trending

Trending