The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've just firmed straight Maths for next year :smile:
what accom have you applied too?x
ignore the time i wrote this...came in 2 hours ago and can't get back to sleep!x
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
marleyxx
I've just firmed straight Maths for next year :smile:
what accom have you applied too?x
ignore the time i wrote this...came in 2 hours ago and can't get back to sleep!x

Haha...don't worry I've probably done similar before! I've applied to Clarence Dock because its reasonably cheap but it looks nice...and it's about the right distance to walk in a morning and keep fit!

PM me...we'll probably have lectures together!!
Reply 3
I've firmed Leeds so will hopefully be studying Criminal Justice and Criminology in September.

I've not decided on accomodation just yet but I have an open day tomorrow so fingers crossed I will get the opportunity to look around accomodation and decide. I do like the look of Henry Price though.
Reply 4
criminal justice and criminology would be so cool to do. i realised i have a huge interest in stuff like that but only after i'd already applied and all that.
Reply 5
Leeds is my firm for psychology :smile:
Reply 6
annie2710
criminal justice and criminology would be so cool to do. i realised i have a huge interest in stuff like that but only after i'd already applied and all that.

Yeah, the course looks fantastic. Its also a really sociable course from what I see - they have a huge society and theres only around 55 places each year.

What will you be studying?
Reply 7
Firmed for Linguistics :smile: Going to apply for The Tannery
Firmed for Mental health nursing just booked accommodation in opal 3 :smile:
Reply 9
I think I'm about to firm Joint Hons in History & Sociology :smile: Accomodation hopefully Concept Place :smile:
Reply 10
made it my firm choice last night for BA geography, anyone thinking of halls in headingley direction like James Bailey or Devonshire or Lupton?
I've got a confirmed unconditional for Leeds in September! I'll be reading English. YAAAY :biggrin:

And
AdAm686
x
I have sent my application for accomodation and I chose Devonshire hall, catered.
Reply 12
Alexandra1234567
I've got a confirmed unconditional for Leeds in September! I'll be reading English. YAAAY :biggrin:

And I have sent my application for accomodation and I chose Devonshire hall, catered.

Unconditional :ahee: , you take a year out or do you jsut have exceptional predicted grades...

I was gna go for Devonshire but it was a bit further away from some of the other accomodations, plus if I remember correctly it didn't have en suite.

Can't wait for September :yep: !!
Flipsta
Unconditional :ahee: , you take a year out or do you jsut have exceptional predicted grades...

I was gna go for Devonshire but it was a bit further away from some of the other accomodations, plus if I remember correctly it didn't have en suite.

Can't wait for September :yep: !!

I'm on a year out :wink: have AAA.

Well I figure it's ideally located, as it's within walking distance and on campus accom isn't meant to be as sociable as it could be! And there are ensuites :smile: just not loads of them, I think about 50 in catered and possibly the same amount (maybe more) in self catered.

Are you uncondit too? I'm sooo excited!
Reply 14
Alexandra1234567
I'm on a year out :wink: have AAA.

Well I figure it's ideally located, as it's within walking distance and on campus accom isn't meant to be as sociable as it could be! And there are ensuites :smile: just not loads of them, I think about 50 in catered and possibly the same amount (maybe more) in self catered.

Are you uncondit too? I'm sooo excited!

When I went to leeds myself I didn't look at the distances between the halls and the campus but I'm thinking of applying to Concept Place. Do you know if its more or less the same distance to the SU as Devonshire? The only thing that attracts me about Concept place are the double beds :wink: and the en suite bathrooms. I like the devonshire building and also the fact that it has a music practice room :biggrin:.

Also what are you up to on your year out? Any travelling or are you working so that you can live a decent student life over the next 3 years unlike most of us :p: .

As much as i'd like to be given an unconditional offer, I was given a Conditional lol, ABB with an A in history. Still doing my A2s but can't wait!
Flipsta
When I went to leeds myself I didn't look at the distances between the halls and the campus but I'm thinking of applying to Concept Place. Do you know if its more or less the same distance to the SU as Devonshire? The only thing that attracts me about Concept place are the double beds :wink: and the en suite bathrooms. I like the devonshire building and also the fact that it has a music practice room :biggrin:.

Also what are you up to on your year out? Any travelling or are you working so that you can live a decent student life over the next 3 years unlike most of us :p: .

As much as i'd like to be given an unconditional offer, I was given a Conditional lol, ABB with an A in history. Still doing my A2s but can't wait!

Haha well Devonshire has some pretty huuge rooms that can fit double beds in! I'm not sure, you should look it up on the accommodation map :smile:. Yeah I'm attracted by the practice rooms and the tennis courts etc.

I'm sort of mixing the two. Spent the first half of the gap year with family in Oxford, then now I'm working with special needs children at a secondary school, and am going on holiday (if that counts as travelling :p:) in a couple of weeks. Best thing is; I'm working in a school so I get school holidays, :woo:
Firmed for Biology a couple of weeks ago :biggrin: (conditional ABB)

I'm still unsure about accommodation because I change my mind like every other day. I like the look of James Baillie (how do you pronounce this by the way? :p:) Park right now but a few others too.. It's such a tough decision! :woo:
Reply 17
Firmed an ABB conditional for French a month or so ago!
Still have no idea about accommodation either, I can't decide what I want! Although to be honest I'm pretty sure I'd be happy anywhere :smile:
Reply 18
I have firmed BA Social Science which is a unconditional offer so I'm defo going to Leeds:woo:.
I have been stressing over accommodation i really like the sound of dev and James Baillie they are both in good locations between Headingley and the campus. I'm leaning more towards dev cuz of the great extras but going to wait till after the accommodation open day before i make a choice. I'm quite worried about moving to uni accommodation as I'm 21 and can be quite shy but I'm sure I'll be fine lol.
Reply 19
peanutkitkat
French for me too! Haven't firmed it yet but I probably will.

And I'm exactly the same about accommodation - no clue what to do. I have some idea of ones that I like, but I don't know much about the others and then there's the whole expense thing and popularity of the places..

Pretty much in the same situation then! I like too many of them, which is my problem haha

Latest