The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

emeleh
No to world cinema but I firmed for french :smile: :smile:

ahhhh cool! (hopefully!) see you there :smile: oh and I see from your pic you're a chuck bass fan. I approve! :yep:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
emwezbelle111
i have firmed chemistry. iv applied for lupton but now worried that iv made the wrong choice, has anyone else looked there?

hello! yes I had a look around Lupton, I was there yesterday for the accommodation viewing day. It looked quite nice, it wasn't my favourite but all the blocks were pretty close together and there was a cool big electronic laundrette that was cool!

I think I'd like to be in Oxley. It's bit far out but with a bus pass I think it should be ok, although I was told they're £300 for a year, any bus. It's quite a lot but I really liked the setting at Oxley. All of the on campus places (Lyddon, Ellerslie, Henry Price) are great but one of the guides told me that they are very oversubscribed, so who knows. I guess it's the people who make the accommodation! :smile:
Reply 62
any Law firmers? :smile:
Think I am going to firm Leeds any day now...

Any one else doing Sociology? x
emmalema
I have firmed BA Social Science which is a unconditional offer so I'm defo going to Leeds:woo:.
I have been stressing over accommodation i really like the sound of dev and James Baillie they are both in good locations between Headingley and the campus. I'm leaning more towards dev cuz of the great extras but going to wait till after the accommodation open day before i make a choice. I'm quite worried about moving to uni accommodation as I'm 21 and can be quite shy but I'm sure I'll be fine lol.

I've got an unconditional for BA Social Science at Leeds too which I firmed but I'm staying at home as I live close. (:
Reply 65
emwezbelle111
i have firmed chemistry. iv applied for lupton but now worried that iv made the wrong choice, has anyone else looked there?

yay!! i firmed for medicinal chemistry!! :biggrin:
Reply 66
anyone checked out Henry Price? how is it?

is it near the law building?

thks a bunch :smile:

Firmed for Law 2010 :smile:
Darkages
anyone checked out Henry Price? how is it?

is it near the law building?

thks a bunch :smile:

Firmed for Law 2010 :smile:

There's a new law building being built just round the back of the Business School (I think it's set to open sometime around early 2011? Probably some more info on the website.)

Henry Price is about a 3-5 minute walk from the Business School so you can't really get much closer :wink:

The current law building is also a stones throw away from HP. Remember though, you're likely to have some lectures at various buildings around campus so may have to make a trip across the University to get to a lecture. Having said that though, most of the places around campus can be reached in 10-15 mins from HP.

Hate to plug myself but if you need more info on HP check out the link to my guide in my sig :biggrin:
Reply 68
Ive got an unconditional to do Management and Maths :smile: definately gonna go for James Baillie Park I think.. anyone else?? xx
Reply 69
'Guess Who
']I've got an unconditional for BA Social Science at Leeds too which I firmed but I'm staying at home as I live close. (:

Your the first person that i have heard is starting the course in 2010 was starting to think i was going to be the only one lol. I have now chosen Oxley hall instead of the other two, are you from Leeds then as your staying at home I'm from Sheffield so could have done the same but i don't want to miss out on a new city or travel on a parked train for 30min in the morning lol.
emmalema
Your the first person that i have heard is starting the course in 2010 was starting to think i was going to be the only one lol. I have now chosen Oxley hall instead of the other two, are you from Leeds then as your staying at home I'm from Sheffield so could have done the same but i don't want to miss out on a new city or travel on a parked train for 30min in the morning lol.

Ooo kwll. Haha yea I checked on yougo further to see whether or not anyone was starting the same course but that was a fail! So yea you're the first person I've come across that's going to be doing the same course! Oh right I live near Leeds so it would only take me 10 minutes in the train so I guess that won't be too much of a problem. (:
Reply 71
JakeR92
any Law firmers? :smile:

I got offered Law but firmed Law & Accounts.. worried i wont get in!
kellywellydoodle
OK I'll start...

I've firmed Leeds :biggrin:

Hoping to study Mathematics and Music

I would like to make friends with other people who have firmed leeds for maths or music or just seem generally nice :smile: if you fit that description...PM me :wink: oh my word...that sounded so creepy

I've firmed Leeds for straight music
:smile:
Reply 73
I'm doing English and Music Joint Honours, Did my A Levels last year and a Professional Diploma in Modern Music at BIMM Bristol this year. Anyone else coming from the modern music side of things or is everyone jazz/classical? I listen to and appreciate both but I'm definitely not a jazz or classical player....little bit worried....
Firmed for Bsc Geog :smile: And applied for charles morris!
JakeManson
I'm doing English and Music Joint Honours, Did my A Levels last year and a Professional Diploma in Modern Music at BIMM Bristol this year. Anyone else coming from the modern music side of things or is everyone jazz/classical? I listen to and appreciate both but I'm definitely not a jazz or classical player....little bit worried....

I'm classical - can't really be anything else if you play the oboe!
Reply 76
I will be confirming for a MA Theatre in Making. :biggrin:
I'm soooo excited!
does anyone know the deadline for accommodation applications for leeds?
Reply 78
DominiqueHolmes
does anyone know the deadline for accommodation applications for leeds?

I think its either June/July... can't remember exactly but its on their website :smile:
And not first come first served either apparently so can apply whenever you've decided!
Reply 79
JakeManson

Yeahh i'm doing maths and music joint. But i'm afraid i'm either jazz or classical haha haven't decided whether i want to do sax or clarinet!

Latest