The Student Room Group

UCA vs RHUL

Help Please

Ok right now im doing my alevels and applying for uni this is my dream job:
http://www.prospects.ac.uk/p/types_of_job/television_film_video_producer_case_1.jsp

Ok so got offers for all the uni’s I applied for :smile: but im stuck between two :frown:
Royal Holloway gave me a conditional offer of ABB for Media Arts and University of Creative Arts gave me a conditional offer of CC. Although UCA has given me an low offer, its more of an arts school so the decision was down to my portfolio, so its more like an unconditional place. The course content is similar RHUL tends to focus on mainstream stuff though and UCA is more artistc film. IM UP 4 BOTH!

I live in London, and i like living here but i wanted to move out of my house. The other unis that did this course are not very good, these are the best uni's for this. RHUL, is large and pretty and the professors have lots of experience, and lots of awards, the course tends to lean towards TV and film. I dnt even like British Tv :s-smilie:. Its also 45 mins from London Via train. 5% Drop out rate.
UCA is ways smaller, has a lovely artistic vibe, i actually like it better than st martens. The work with HD memory cards, RHUL still uses tape to record on :s-smilie: ugh. It an hour an a bit via train from London, its in the middle of No where :frown:. 10% drop out rate. I love the course the providing, but is it mainstream enough.

Im planning on taking a Masters Artists' Film, Video & Photography at UCA after my degree though. I think i can survive there for a year, But 4? Ive to 2 and half months to make up my mind. What do you think.

Susuana Love xx
Reply 1
Loveangel2k9
Help Please

Ok right now im doing my alevels and applying for uni this is my dream job:
http://www.prospects.ac.uk/p/types_of_job/television_film_video_producer_case_1.jsp

Ok so got offers for all the uni’s I applied for :smile: but im stuck between two :frown:
Royal Holloway gave me a conditional offer of ABB for Media Arts and University of Creative Arts gave me a conditional offer of CC. Although UCA has given me an low offer, its more of an arts school so the decision was down to my portfolio, so its more like an unconditional place. The course content is similar RHUL tends to focus on mainstream stuff though and UCA is more artistc film. IM UP 4 BOTH!

I live in London, and i like living here but i wanted to move out of my house. The other unis that did this course are not very good, these are the best uni's for this. RHUL, is large and pretty and the professors have lots of experience, and lots of awards, the course tends to lean towards TV and film. I dnt even like British Tv :s-smilie:. Its also 45 mins from London Via train. 5% Drop out rate.
UCA is ways smaller, has a lovely artistic vibe, i actually like it better than st martens. The work with HD memory cards, RHUL still uses tape to record on :s-smilie: ugh. It an hour an a bit via train from London, its in the middle of No where :frown:. 10% drop out rate. I love the course the providing, but is it mainstream enough.

Im planning on taking a Masters Artists' Film, Video & Photography at UCA after my degree though. I think i can survive there for a year, But 4? Ive to 2 and half months to make up my mind. What do you think.

Susuana Love xx

I personally want to get a similar job in the future, possibly as a producer, however I am also considering script writer and such at the present time. I would say out of the two, Royal Holloway is the better choice. University for the Creative Arts to me, is just too new to be considered a good Uni for Film/Media/Television, and on a CV, Royal Holloway may look more impressive.

That being said, I think UCA would be an adequate place to do a Film/Media/Television course, just ask yourself which you correspond to more. Try taking a look at the course content and seeing which would be more suited for you. Also, take note of the actual Uni and the facilities they have on offer (you seem to have done so already!). I was deliberating between two Universities (Reading and Aberystwyth), and after getting into the vast detail of both, I've concluded that Aber would probably be better for my future job prospects, as it has better facilities and a more relevant course, relating to what I am aspiring to do in the future.

So, good luck wherever you end up!
Reply 2
FTstudies
I personally want to get a similar job in the future, possibly as a producer, however I am also considering script writer and such at the present time. I would say out of the two, Royal Holloway is the better choice. University for the Creative Arts to me, is just too new to be considered a good Uni for Film/Media/Television, and on a CV, Royal Holloway may look more impressive.

That being said, I think UCA would be an adequate place to do a Film/Media/Television course, just ask yourself which you correspond to more. Try taking a look at the course content and seeing which would be more suited for you. Also, take note of the actual Uni and the facilities they have on offer (you seem to have done so already!). I was deliberating between two Universities (Reading and Aberystwyth), and after getting into the vast detail of both, I've concluded that Aber would probably be better for my future job prospects, as it has better facilities and a more relevant course, relating to what I am aspiring to do in the future.

So, good luck wherever you end up!

thanks for the advice, its good coming from someone in a similar field :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending