The Student Room Group

Is this a good A-level combination for french at uni??

So, I'm in year eleven just about to hand in my A-level final decision form. I want to do french at university and, possibly, start spanish from scratch there too. What do you think of these options? --> french, english lit., history, biology and philosophy. I know biology is a bit random but I thought it would show that I'm 'well rounded'. Then again I'm also aware that it's extremely difficult :s-smilie:...
Any opinions on this combination, bearing in mind I'd ideally like to get in to one of the top unis...
Thanks!!
Reply 1
I don't think uni's are particularly fussy when it comes to your other subjects, as long as you have French I'd assume you'd be fine! I applied for French this year doing a levels in french, geography, psychology and art and got offers or interviews from all 5 unis i applied to, and none were what i'd consider to be a 'bad' uni :smile:
So looking at your combination, id say go for it if they're subjects you like!
Reply 2
emeleh
I don't think uni's are particularly fussy when it comes to your other subjects, as long as you have French I'd assume you'd be fine! I applied for French this year doing a levels in french, geography, psychology and art and got offers or interviews from all 5 unis i applied to, and none were what i'd consider to be a 'bad' uni :smile:
So looking at your combination, id say go for it if they're subjects you like!

Thankyou :smile: That's really helpful - that's probably what I'll stick with now. unless something dreadful happens with one of my GCSEs. Any other opinions would be nice too though.. :smile:
Reply 3
Jodie47
Thankyou :smile: That's really helpful - that's probably what I'll stick with now. unless something dreadful happens with one of my GCSEs. Any other opinions would be nice too though.. :smile:

No problem :smile: good luck in your gcses

Latest