The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Dan9232
Some mock questions, and hopefully some essay plans in the future can be found at www.lclcasestudy.blogspot.com

Thanks for posting this :smile:
Found this file which is of use :biggrin:

http://88.208.206.82/assets/Economics_and_BS/F297_Toolkit_June_2010.pdf

Thinking of questions that are most likely to come up is quite tricky, seems certain q1 is going to be about financial analysis of final accounts, ratios etc, but the others seem like they could be on anything of George leaving and the effect, organisational culture, stakeholders, objectives & its operation in EU/USA/Australasian markets - almost anything within those asked could be really unclear . =/

Everyone elses views?
Reply 23
eurgh.
Reply 24
c0nfus3d
eurgh.

lol that bad?

How is everyone feeling now as we're so close to the exam? :smile:
Antifazian
lol that bad?

Thinking I need to start focusing on my business as well as my geography exam arghh then theres biology aswell... but the questions which could come up for this exam could be almost anything :s-smilie:
Reply 26
Thy-Lanky-One
Thinking I need to start focusing on my business as well as my geography exam arghh then theres biology aswell... but the questions which could come up for this exam could be almost anything :s-smilie:

Yeah that's the annoying thing about it :rolleyes:

For anyone that doesn't have the APT analysis for the case study; basically it gives model answers for potential questions that are likely to come up, so if anyone wants me to I can copy up the question areas they reckon are going to come up on to here to give you something to focus your revision on. They were pretty spot-on for my f292 exam, so hopefully they will be again for this one.
Antifazian
Yeah that's the annoying thing about it :rolleyes:

For anyone that doesn't have the APT analysis for the case study; basically it gives model answers for potential questions that are likely to come up, so if anyone wants me to I can copy up the question areas they reckon are going to come up on to here to give you something to focus your revision on. They were pretty spot-on for my f292 exam, so hopefully they will be again for this one.

If you could, that would be really helpful :biggrin:
Reply 28
Thy-Lanky-One
If you could, that would be really helpful :biggrin:

These are all of the question areas that the analysis focuses on;

- Evaluation of LCL's objectives in relation to SMART criteria, and the implications of the fact that LCL has grown by "serendipity" and not strategy.

- The issue of George's succession > addressing the concerns of LCL's main stakeholders due to George's lack of planning (Bank, minority shareholders, suppliers & others)

- Analysis of LCL's financial performance table figures & profit and loss account & balance sheet in terms of how the stakeholder's would view them

- How can LCL reach it's objective to maximise its book value

- George's belief that quality and product integrity matter far more than price - the issue of possible "over-engineering", implications & solutions

- Wether LCL should accept Major Doodes' order or not, and how the order would be viewed by LCL's main stakeholders

- LCL's terms of employment; pay, holidays, working hours etc. wether they are appropriate for maximising LCL's performance

- George's leadership style

- Impact of the external environment on LCL (they put particular emphasis on the possibility of a question relating to the impact of changes in the exchange rate on LCL & its achievement of its objectives)

Hope that helps a bit :smile:
Reply 29
Antifazian
lol that bad?

I haven't revised the business content- the book, and I don't know the case study very well. Read the APT notes a month back and have forgotten them.

I don't feel very well. :cry2:

You?

:biggrin:
Reply 30
c0nfus3d
I haven't revised the business content- the book, and I don't know the case study very well. Read the APT notes a month back and have forgotten them.

I don't feel very well. :cry2:

You?

think posotive, there's still time :yep:

I'm feeling fairly ok about it, but I have a fair bit still to go over this week so we'll see! I haven't done any textbook revision at all for this exam, is that what you're talking about? I've just been focusing on the case study :o:
Reply 31
Antifazian
think posotive, there's still time :yep:

I'm feeling fairly ok about it, but I have a fair bit still to go over this week so we'll see! I haven't done any textbook revision at all for this exam, is that what you're talking about? I've just been focusing on the case study :o:

No text book revision. Something to do with the economy/exchange rates will definetly come up. So I need to learn the basics then go through my case study notes.

What module did you do in Jan and what did you get for it if you don't mind me asking?

Reply 32
c0nfus3d
No text book revision. Something to do with the economy/exchange rates will definetly come up. So I need to learn the basics then go through my case study notes.

What module did you do in Jan and what did you get for it if you don't mind me asking?

I did the People in Organisations paper and got a B for it. How about you? :smile:
Antifazian
These are all of the question areas that the analysis focuses on;

- Evaluation of LCL's objectives in relation to SMART criteria, and the implications of the fact that LCL has grown by "serendipity" and not strategy.

- The issue of George's succession > addressing the concerns of LCL's main stakeholders due to George's lack of planning (Bank, minority shareholders, suppliers & others)

- Analysis of LCL's financial performance table figures & profit and loss account & balance sheet in terms of how the stakeholder's would view them

- How can LCL reach it's objective to maximise its book value

- George's belief that quality and product integrity matter far more than price - the issue of possible "over-engineering", implications & solutions

- Wether LCL should accept Major Doodes' order or not, and how the order would be viewed by LCL's main stakeholders

- LCL's terms of employment; pay, holidays, working hours etc. wether they are appropriate for maximising LCL's performance

- George's leadership style

- Impact of the external environment on LCL (they put particular emphasis on the possibility of a question relating to the impact of changes in the exchange rate on LCL & its achievement of its objectives)

Hope that helps a bit :smile:

Cheers :biggrin: , Looking at them I think i'll be okay with them if similar came up ...well hopefully :smile:
Reply 34
Antifazian
I did the People in Organisations paper and got a B for it. How about you? :smile:

I got an A :biggrin:
What sixth form do you go to? I hardly know any sixth form that does this syllabus :elmo:
Reply 35
c0nfus3d
I got an A :biggrin:
What sixth form do you go to? I hardly know any sixth form that does this syllabus :elmo:

Well done :biggrin:
I go to a local college that offers A levels. It doesn't seem to be a very popular spec, at least not on TSR. :dontknow:
does anyone think critical path analysis or decision trees will come up?
my teachers were a bit wary that the case study is a bit lacking in content, but still would it be too time consuming to have in the exam?
don't know weather to revise it or not :/
Reply 37
pauloronaldo
does anyone think critical path analysis or decision trees will come up?
my teachers were a bit wary that the case study is a bit lacking in content, but still would it be too time consuming to have in the exam?
don't know weather to revise it or not :/

I really hope it doesn't! :o:
Reply 38
:s oh god i really hope critical path analysis and decision trees dont come up!! Does anyone know if we're gonna be expected to calculate the ratios for 2009? Please say no otherwise i'm screwed! :biggrin:
Reply 39
becky=)
:s oh god i really hope critical path analysis and decision trees dont come up!! Does anyone know if we're gonna be expected to calculate the ratios for 2009? Please say no otherwise i'm screwed! :biggrin:

We were told that they won't specifically ask you to calculate them, but you will be expected to do it anyway and use the figures in your answers. However, all you need to do is calculate the figures before the exam and memorize them as part of your revision, rather than work them out in the exam itself. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending