Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TSR Physics Society

Announcements Posted on
Study Help needs new mods! 14-04-2014
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1 fanatic)
    Its no big deal. In my experience nobody likes practicals, but they are not as bad as they sound. There is normally a crib sheet of some description to follow and there are usually people on hand to provide assistance. That is true whatever uni you go to. Most practicals are also done in pairs, which helps (again this is common in most unis I believe).

Don't worry, it isn't like they expect you to do a 4 day practical completely independently on cutting edge research. It's boring and stressful, but doable
    Ah cool, I would much prefer to be doing practicals in a pair, makes it more sociable.

(Original post by teachercol)
    :lol

It's a few years since I "did Physics at university". I'm Head of Physics in a Sixth Form College.
    Its suprising how many people, despite your name, dont realise you are in fact a teacher :p:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I picked my name in order not to deceive students. Normally I simply use col as my online name.
    • 45 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aiman)
    Well I believe F1 fanatic, Princess Ana, AlphaNumeric and teachercol are some members who are doing physics at University.
    Indeed, minus teachercol and I think with the addition of people like Mehh, AMM and Wanderer, although they must be near the end of their course I would think.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I can't work in pairs I find it stressful...I seem to have a bossy trait (I like to be in control of a situation), which people don't like. lol
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Its suprising how many people, despite your name, dont realise you are in fact a teacher :p:
    True, I just thought you (teachercol) were another TSR member with a strange name...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Indeed, minus teachercol and I think with the addition of people like Mehh, AMM and Wanderer, although they must be near the end of their course I would think.
    ME?! Noooo
    I am roughly at the middle of my course.
    Actually pretty much exactly roughly in the middle...
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    And me...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I still have 1 year of my 4 year course to go.
    • 45 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mehh)
    ME?! Noooo
    I am roughly at the middle of my course.
    Actually pretty much exactly roughly in the middle...
    Whoops, please accept my apologies :p:. Speaking of practicals the above description is a nice broad common one to use in times of uncertainty
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Speaking of practicals the above description is a nice broad common one to use in times of uncertainty
    :rofl: So true.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Whoops, please accept my apologies :p:. Speaking of practicals the above description is a nice broad common one to use in times of uncertainty
    PLEASE DONT TALK TO ME ABOUT UNCERTAINTIES!!! ARGH!!!!
    • 45 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mehh)
    PLEASE DONT TALK TO ME ABOUT UNCERTAINTIES!!! ARGH!!!!
    haha, Heisenberg being a pain in the behind huh? :p:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hello, can I join please?

Also if the Einstein v Feynman debate is still going (I skipped a few pages of posts) then I vote Einstein. General relativity is far more elegant than any form of quantum mechanics.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Go to http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/socs.php and search for the Physics Society. Then click to join.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I vote Feynman! although i prefer General Relativity, useless at stats. No idea what the convasation really is about.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Quantum Field Theory/String Theory is where all the fun is these days .
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jpowell)
    I still have 1 year of my 4 year course to go.
    Ditto, though I've been 4 years in uni thus far (long story)
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Heya,

Sorry to jump onto your thread, but to put simply:

*I have a Physics re-sit next Fri at Uni
    *It's for a foundation paper which i have been told is v similar to AS/A Level
    *I have past papers and things, but i just don't understand a word!

So if any of you could recommend a tutor maybe? (I've already emailed loads but no responses as yet) - Or if any of you are willing to help? Obviously sort out some sort of payment!...

Many thanks for just even reading Once again sorry for jumping onto the thread!

Libby

-x-
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hiya, i can help you as long as its as level stuff? just give me a pm with like a few questions and i will see what i can do. No pay its ok i will help you for free. Also if i cant help i know some others who can.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hey..i wanna join too pls

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: March 8, 2014
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.