The Student Room Group

TSR Physics Society

Scroll to see replies

F1 fanatic
How do you mean? You mean what what physics/ maths modules to take if you want to go on to physics at uni?

no mean which modules covers futher physics at A level?
Young Feynman:biggrin:
zys209
no mean which modules covers futher physics at A level?

I still don't get you Im afraid. I mean its fairly limited in what modules you can take. There is only really one choice module right at the end of A2.
F1 fanatic
I still don't get you Im afraid. I mean its fairly limited in what modules you can take. There is only really one choice module right at the end of A2.

so there is no such thing as futher physics?
zys209
so there is no such thing as futher physics?

I'm not sure. If you mean in the same sense as "Further Maths" then no. I have never come across it. There is Advanced Extension Award, but that is different. That doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. But I have never heard of it.
Reply 125
I concur F1 fanatic, im pretty sure there isn't a further physics. There is, as you mention, the AEA but you dont need to learn anything extra for it.

Btw I can't believe plasma and Einstein are catching up with Feynman! Surely he is the logical choice, he rocks!
Reply 126
Feynman does not reflect the Physics Society to non-believers as well as plasma does.
rpotter
I concur F1 fanatic, im pretty sure there isn't a further physics. There is, as you mention, the AEA but you dont need to learn anything extra for it.

Btw I can't believe plasma and Einstein are catching up with Feynman! Surely he is the logical choice, he rocks!

he may well rock. But the problem is you look at the logos, and it does not say physics. How about a compromise? A picture of Feynman in the first post of this thread courtesy of jpowell and one of zys209s (which look cool and ooze physicsness) as the logo?
Reply 128
Baal_k
Feynman does not reflect the Physics Society to non-believers as well as plasma does.

Lol. Physics the newest religion.
Princess Ana
There is, it just depends which board. It's certainly one of the PHY3 options for Edexcel

yeah and i even got today a spam from some uni where they invite me to do astronomy =)
Baal_k

exactly - only true believers recognise will him.
Reply 131
teachercol
exactly - only true believers recognise will him.

That's not really the point - most people won't hear of Feynman until they come across Feynman diagrams at A-level. He's not the usual poster-boy for physics.
if u cant decide just put einstein

and forget it
Reply 133
Hey, I was fed up of all talk and no action so I went and set up the Physics Society. Go and join it at http://thestudentroom.co.uk/socs.php?do=join&socid=248

Btw, we've got plasma for now as a logo, if there is overwhelming demand this can be changed.
jpowell
Hey, I was fed up of all talk and no action so I went and set up the Physics Society. Go and join it at http://thestudentroom.co.uk/socs.php?do=join&socid=248

Btw, we've got plasma for now as a logo, if there is overwhelming demand this can be changed.

Good man! :yy:

about time someone just took the plunge! :biggrin:
Reply 135
I like the logo by the way. It seems very quiet in here...
Reply 136
jpowell

Buggery, now Im going to have to set up loads of extra accounts!
I'd really like to join as well.
Reply 138
Could i join as well, doing A level physics and love it, i'm most likely to do physics at uni too :smile:
Reply 139
Woo. our army of physicists is growing:smile: We're nearly ready to take over the world:rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest