The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Scroll to see replies

Well I'm planning on being there in September and if its not up to scratch social wise, I guess I'll have to make it up to scratch! Who's with me? :biggrin:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Limon Fanta
Well I'm planning on being there in September and if its not up to scratch social wise, I guess I'll have to make it up to scratch! Who's with me? :biggrin:

hel yh:smile:

iam pretty sure it will be live
Reply 22
Look up uniexpress :smile: they do trips into Birmingham and you pay for transport and entance to the club and then they drop you back at campus. So we have that option too :smile:
Reply 23
Jessique14
Look up uniexpress :smile: they do trips into Birmingham and you pay for transport and entance to the club and then they drop you back at campus. So we have that option too :smile:

Ooh thats good! I was thinking it wasn't that far from Birmingham... I also had an offer from Birm and when I went to visit it the nightlife was so awesome.
I've firmed Warwick but I think I might change it 'cus the social aspect of Warwick seems bloody terrible! Someone convince me otherwise!
Reply 25
Arctic Puppet
I've firmed Warwick but I think I might change it 'cus the social aspect of Warwick seems bloody terrible! Someone convince me otherwise!

You have several thousand of the most intelligent young people in the country and beyond living in close quarters on a campus built around their needs including the biggest and best student's union in Europe. If you can't make a great social life out of that you want shooting, really.
megaduck
You have several thousand of the most intelligent young people in the country and beyond living in close quarters on a campus built around their needs including the biggest and best student's union in Europe. If you can't make a great social life out of that you want shooting, really.

Yeah, it most probably is full of extremely intelligent people but so what? I don't value my friends any more than the next based on their intellect. And so what if it has a great students union? It bloody has to, seeing as its so isolated. I went to an open day and wasn't impressed at all. The whole 'living in close quarters' is the problem, not a benefit.
Reply 27
Arctic Puppet
Yeah, it most probably is full of extremely intelligent people but so what? I don't value my friends any more than the next based on their intellect. And so what if it has a great students union? It bloody has to, seeing as its so isolated. I went to an open day and wasn't impressed at all. The whole 'living in close quarters' is the problem, not a benefit.

No need to be defensive. I'd definitely firm elsewhere if I were you - Warwick's obviously not for you. What others might see as brilliant things, you see as disadvantages. There are bound to be other unis more suited to your individual needs so why not go to one?
Reply 28
Arctic Puppet

Your words suggests that you dislike Warwick, so maybe you should go somewhere else :yep: It's just where you'd be happiest.
However, I am a strong socially active person and I am happy there now after starting this thread. Your social life is what you make it; there's plenty of clubs, and coach trips to Birmingham for nights out, and other such things.
MaddyGee
Your words suggests that you dislike Warwick, so maybe you should go somewhere else :yep: It's just where you'd be happiest.
However, I am a strong socially active person and I am happy there now after starting this thread. Your social life is what you make it; there's plenty of clubs, and coach trips to Birmingham for nights out, and other such things.
. I agree and could not say it any better.
Reply 30
Yeah exactly. If you're the sort of person who likes what Warwick has to offer then you'll love it. If you want the bright lights of a huge city every night (although you won't be going out every night no matter what you might like to say) then go somewhere else.
Reply 31
As Georgia says, choose a uni based on what you want to be near (city, campus, whatever), not on secondhand stereotypes of what the people are supposed to be like. People are people are people, wherever you go, any uni you choose, it's thousands of 18-20somethings packed in a small space with enough cheap booze to sedate a herd of rhino, seek out whatever scene you're into and it'll be a riot.
is warwick the kind of place where everyone is kinda friends with each other? im a bit worried because people are saying the corridors are a bit hit and miss and that sounds to me like not everyone is bound to get along :/
Reply 33
I have firmed Warwick for Economics!! looking forward to coming after an awesome summer. basically i went to visit today and looked at Arthur Vick and Jack Martin which seemed really quite nice, each with en suite rooms + lounge (not JM) and both pretty close to campus, whereas Rootes, which is meant to meant to be the party halls, looked pretty bad on the outside!

any advice? is an en-suite that important? is the gap between having an amazing time/partying at Rootes much greater than at AV or JM? xx
Asimk
I have firmed Warwick for Economics!! looking forward to coming after an awesome summer. basically i went to visit today and looked at Arthur Vick and Jack Martin which seemed really quite nice, each with en suite rooms + lounge (not JM) and both pretty close to campus, whereas Rootes, which is meant to meant to be the party halls, looked pretty bad on the outside!

any advice? is an en-suite that important? is the gap between having an amazing time/partying at Rootes much greater than at AV or JM? xx

well iam up for a party and stuff, and iam definitely apply to AV OR JM. most likely AV because i think it worth the difference. :smile:
Reply 35
Tridentus
is warwick the kind of place where everyone is kinda friends with each other? im a bit worried because people are saying the corridors are a bit hit and miss and that sounds to me like not everyone is bound to get along :/

Uhh, not everyone is bound to get along.
Just as I imagine you don't get along with everyone in the world at the moment, being thrown in with a random group of people in your halls offers no guarantee that you'll get along with them all. Lots of people get along with most of their hallmates just fine, often becoming great friends with many of them; but of course not everyone will love everyone else and a few people don't spend any time with those in their halls at all.

Halls are unlikely to be your only social group though, as you'll also be able to spend lots of time with people on your course and those in any societies that you choose to be active in.
Reply 36
^ That.

You'll never get on with everyone, it's unrealistic.
Reply 37
MaddyGee
Yay, someone from Herts! :smile: I go to the Harlequin all the time, haha. We sometimes debate going to Watford for the clubs, but you have to pay like £10 entry fee for most yes? Which is a lot when you're jobless like me :eek:

Awesome! I am too (Of course, haha ^^) Yes, the name should explain everything but people are still confused :yep:
Apparently there's like 20 places per year? I can't remember, but I do remember there weren't very many.

Definitely arranging CAS nights out now :biggrin:

Yep good old Herts! My school is slap bang next to the Harlequin so I swear there is a permanent hole in my bank account! Only been out to Watford for the clubs once but was amazing! yep had to pay a tenner on a saturday night after 12 but was worth it!
Yhh!! Cnt believe such a small course but WHAT AN AMAZING COURSE! eeeeee I am so excited!!!
CAS nights out all the way! teehee!
x:woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:
Lissysm92
Yep good old Herts! My school is slap bang next to the Harlequin so I swear there is a permanent hole in my bank account! Only been out to Watford for the clubs once but was amazing! yep had to pay a tenner on a saturday night after 12 but was worth it!
Yhh!! Cnt believe such a small course but WHAT AN AMAZING COURSE! eeeeee I am so excited!!!
CAS nights out all the way! teehee!
x:woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:

I live close by and work at the big John Lewis :wavey:

Whereabouts in Herts are you from and which school are you at? :smile:
Reply 39
Limon Fanta
I live close by and work at the big John Lewis :wavey:

Whereabouts in Herts are you from and which school are you at? :smile:

Hey! I did work experience there! I was in the cafe bit and got to eat all the cake :biggrin: yummmmmm
Im at WGGS so right next door to John lewis. What course u doing at Warwick?
x

Latest