The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham freshers '11

Scroll to see replies

Need thoughts and opinions about OPAL1, is it good for first years? Most of my lectures will be at Jubilee.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by alexs2602
I'll go for pretty much anything in University Park. So basically the cheapest option I can find with catering.

Im guessing that's a shared room? Prepare for no fappin!
Reply 82
Original post by ambition-X
Hey I'm doing psychology and cognitive neuroscience too :biggrin: I got my offer in November sometime. Did you get an offer?

Nope, not yet. :frown: Haven't heard anything from Nottingham yet, but now the deadline's gone, I'm hoping they'll start giving out more offers. Well done on your offer, by the way. :smile:
Original post by HayThereMardyBum
Im guessing that's a shared room? Prepare for no fappin!

I didnt know Notts did shared catered accommodation. At any rate I couldnt share a room for several reasons including the one you just mentioned
i've got an offer from nottingham for animal science... and seriously i swear the food can't be as bad as the food i have to have at school right now!!! :/
Reply 85
I've just been told how long my days are going to be... it doesn't seem fair.... is anyone going for Mechanical Eng... i don't know anyone so far that has said they are going on here.... 16th March UCAS day anyone?
Original post by Poulter
I've just been told how long my days are going to be... it doesn't seem fair.... is anyone going for Mechanical Eng... i don't know anyone so far that has said they are going on here.... 16th March UCAS day anyone?

Don't worry too much about the days. I have a flatmate doing Mech Eng, and I have longer days then him most of the time :tongue:
Reply 87
Original post by Poulter

Yeah, I'm heading off to the engineering department on the 26th :biggrin:

I think I applied for mechanical, I can't remember if Nottingham offered General engineering :s-smilie:

Nottingham will probably be my insurance place. Although to be honest I really can't pick a favourite between Nottingham and Durham (my firm), which is really irritating :angry:
Original post by alexs2602
I didnt know Notts did shared catered accommodation. At any rate I couldnt share a room for several reasons including the one you just mentioned

Well not all of em' are shared bedroom, but you wanted cheapest catered right lol.
Well not all of em' are shared bedroom, but you wanted cheapest catered right lol.

Depends if I could share with a girl :rolleyes:

But in all seriousness make that the cheapest single in University park

What are the chances of getting a shared room? Do they just allocate them randomly or do we get preferences? Don't know if you would know haha, but you were talking about them :rolleyes:
Reply 91
Original post by BrenLee
You don't have any control over which hall you'll get I'm afraid. You can choose Uni Park and a room type but the hall is pretty much a lottery.

will their be a choice of specifically broadgate park? or would you just choose self-catered off campus and be allocated either broadgate, st peters or raleigh? thanks!
Reply 92
Original post by gkaur123
will their be a choice of specifically broadgate park? or would you just choose self-catered off campus and be allocated either broadgate, st peters or raleigh? thanks!

You know you can apply straight to their website because they are not run by the university.
Reply 93
Still havent got an offer :frown:
Original post by impossible!
What are the chances of getting a shared room? Do they just allocate them randomly or do we get preferences? Don't know if you would know haha, but you were talking about them :rolleyes:

Can't say for sure really, and so I don't really know how they allocate people (would like to know it too though). You could check out the accomodation map if you want to see which halls got' the most shared study rooms:

http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/nh/students/accomm/accommodation_map.htm
Original post by adam_zed
Still havent got an offer :frown:

Doesn't mean you wont get one! Most offers haven't been given yet, don't get pessimistic :tongue:
Reply 96
Original post by chloe07
Nope, not yet. :frown: Haven't heard anything from Nottingham yet, but now the deadline's gone, I'm hoping they'll start giving out more offers. Well done on your offer, by the way. :smile:

Aww thanks I'm sure they'll get back to you soon. Good luck :smile:
Reply 97
Original post by ambition-X
Aww thanks I'm sure they'll get back to you soon. Good luck :smile:

Woo! Just got an offer from Nottingham! So happy now! :biggrin:
Reply 98
Got an offer!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nottingham is my firm choice but i havent been to check it out yet
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 99
Offer for French Studies! Must now decide between Nottingham and Warwick.... so far Nottingham looks the most exciting! But pricier because of the like 40 + week lets on self catered flats

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending