The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

mel0n
Shuttup don't be so rude even if I am wrong and didn't understand it that doesn't give you the right to label me as 'thick' so stfu.

Use punctuation, dear. And you're supposed to be an English student? :rolleyes:
mel0n
Nooope, all bar maths are out of 400 I think, which = 360 overall for an A* (with 90% in A2) :s-smilie:

No :confused:

All my subjects are out of 600.

For the 400 subjects:

120/200 As (60%=C)

200/200 A2 (100= A*)

Overall 320/400 (80% = A)

Still an A* but C in As...You see now? :smile:

And for maths it's completely different when trying to get an A*...like you'd have to get an average of 90% in C3 and C4.
Reply 22
FinalFlash
180/300 in AS (60%)

300/300 in A2 (100%)

480/600 Overall A level.

You're not taking maths are you?

but that wouldn't be an A*? It's meant to average 80% overall (with the 90% at A2) :confused:
Reply 23
You need 90% in A2 and 80% overall. Thus, in the standard A level, a 60% in AS, 100% in A2 would give you an A* whereas 100% in AS and 89% in A2 would get you an A.
Reply 24
PimpMobile
338/400 is an A* as long as you got 90+% in A2.

Okay yeah that makes sense.

bodybuilder22
Use punctuation, dear. And you're supposed to be an English student? :rolleyes:

:yawn: That is the best you can do? Spur of the moment = I don't give a ****.
Gemma2010
but that wouldn't be an A*? It's meant to average 80% overall (with the 90% at A2) :confused:

It is an A*.

You've got above 90% in A2 and you've still got 80% overall. Look again :smile:
Reply 26
mel0n
Shuttup don't be so rude even if I am wrong and didn't understand it that doesn't give you the right to label me as 'thick' so stfu.

thick
Reply 27
FinalFlash
No :confused:

All my subjects are out of 600.

For the 400 subjects:

120/200 As (60%=C)

200/200 A2 (100= A*)

Overall 320/400 (80% = A)

Still an A* but C in As...You see now? :smile:

And for maths it's completely different when trying to get an A*...like you'd have to get an average of 90% in C3 and C4.

Aah, ok yeah I get it :blush: - But then that makes it relatively easy to get an A* in a way doesn't it :\ Thanks for explaining :bigsmile:
Reply 28
fps_cam
thick

My God, you can have my next neg. :bigsmile:.

:woo:
mel0n
Aah, ok yeah I get it :blush: - But then that makes it relatively easy to get an A* in a way doesn't it :\ Thanks for explaining :bigsmile:

NP :smile:

Not really, It'll be pretty hard for someone to jump from a C in AS to 100% in A2 but yeh i see what you mean.
mel0n

Or you could rep me? :colondollar:
Reply 31
:O The fact that 80% overall (and not only AS) means I can still get an A* in history and economics and physics and maths and OMG... that's nice (but that means I need to nail my June exams)
mel0n

am i not worthy of your neg babe?

edit: you've already done me :wink:
Reply 33
Ahhh sorry for being thick, but do you definitely not need 90% at AS level? Thankyou!
mel0n
Nooope, all bar maths are out of 400 I think, which = 360 overall for an A* (with 90% in A2) :s-smilie:

Biology and chemistry are definitely out of 600, not 400, for the whole A level.
Reply 35
bodybuilder22
am i not worthy of your neg, babe?

I've already done so, mate. Talking about punctuation, sort your own out :bigsmile:.
Reply 36
vertigo.0012
Biology and chemistry are definitely out of 600, not 400, for the whole A level.

Alright, I wouldn't know which is why I said 'I think'. :smile:
d123
Nope. You can get a B at AS and still get an A* overall. It's just 80% overall and 90% average at A2 units. So if you got 70% at AS and 90% at A2 you'd still get an A* because the overall average would be 80%.

You have made my week =D

I was really gutted with my psychology resit because it meant I had 79% overal, 80% needed for an A, and I probably won't get an A* but I was upset that I had totally wiped out the possibility of getting one :smile:
Reply 38
vertigo.0012

as is physics (which, amazingly, is all the physical sciences! :eek:)
sugar-plum-fairy
You have made my week =D

I was really gutted with my psychology resit because it meant I had 79% overal, 80% needed for an A, and I probably won't get an A* but I was upset that I had totally wiped out the possibility of getting one :smile:

Without meaning to burst your bubble, if you can only get 79 at AS, how are you going to get 90+ at A2 (which is harder)?

Latest