The Student Room Group

Seeing people who are not there

Hi guys I was wondering if someone can help me, since about Christmas last year I have been having visions of someone who is not there, I never have them in enclosed spaces (such as bedroom) but if say I'm driving down the street I will occasionally see someone then get further towards them only for their to be nothing there :confused:

Tonight for example I was the passenger in a car travelling down the road, at the bottom of the road was a bus stop and I could see someone standing there who looked alot like someone I used to know from school, however when we got close they disappear :eek:

This has been happening for a while now, at first I thought it was just random objects that my eyes thought where a person from a distance however now its starting to happen more often and upon inspection their are no objects at the location that could possibly make the shape of a person.

The person I see as I said is someone I used to go to school with (he's not dead :rolleyes:) when he *appears* he is always just staring at me and smiling however as soon as I get close he just vanishes, the visions normally occur at night (or when its dark) apart from one time in a busy shopping centre when I saw him standing in the middle of the path just staring at me, as soon as I walked up to him he just vanishes but its like my brain stopped working while he vanishes as I cant even remember how he disappears.

It's really starting to worry be now its happening alot more often, I'm not on any medication or taking drugs, what should I do?

P.S I know this thread is probably a haven for trolls but please try to be sensible as this is quite worrying for me
Go to the doctor and or personal message me. I don't want to admit to being a raving mental looney on TSR :smile:

xxx
tbh i see wierd things too...
Reply 3
This sounds like New Moon when Bella was ditched by Edward and tried to psycho herself to death by jumping off things. Are you having a crush on the guy?

Jokes aside, are you close friends with the guy? If not, try to become friends. Maybe the problem will disappear if you actually talk him for real?
could be a brain tumour and I'm not joking. More likely than some of the 'spiritualist crap you'll get on here. Get to a doctor.
Reply 5
He was my best friend for three years at school, I loved him to bits (not in a gay way) when we left school I lost contact with him and havent seen him for about two years, though I do miss him alot.

However I sometimes see someone else who I know is not him (wrong body shape) so I don't think its related to not seeing him - I have only ever seen the 2nd person three or four times (never with the first person) I have never been able to get close enough to make him out (god, reading this back I'm thinking I must be a right nutter!)
Don't know if this can link in with emotion, but it sounds a bit like schizophrenia.

Simple answer - see a doctor.
This sounds like a hallucination which is a symptom of serious mental illness. You seriously need to go to the doctors
Reply 8
ipulledhermione
Go to the doctor and or personal message me. I don't want to admit to being a raving mental looney on TSR :smile:

xxx

Even though you just have... :teehee:
Reply 9
Anonymous
Hi guys I was wondering if someone can help me, since about Christmas last year I have been having visions of someone who is not there, I never have them in enclosed spaces (such as bedroom) but if say I'm driving down the street I will occasionally see someone then get further towards them only for their to be nothing there :confused:

Tonight for example I was the passenger in a car travelling down the road, at the bottom of the road was a bus stop and I could see someone standing there who looked alot like someone I used to know from school, however when we got close they disappear :eek:

This has been happening for a while now, at first I thought it was just random objects that my eyes thought where a person from a distance however now its starting to happen more often and upon inspection their are no objects at the location that could possibly make the shape of a person.

The person I see as I said is someone I used to go to school with (he's not dead :rolleyes:) when he *appears* he is always just staring at me and smiling however as soon as I get close he just vanishes, the visions normally occur at night (or when its dark) apart from one time in a busy shopping centre when I saw him standing in the middle of the path just staring at me, as soon as I walked up to him he just vanishes but its like my brain stopped working while he vanishes as I cant even remember how he disappears.

It's really starting to worry be now its happening alot more often, I'm not on any medication or taking drugs, what should I do?

P.S I know this thread is probably a haven for trolls but please try to be sensible as this is quite worrying for me

You're so cool! Can we be friends?:biggrin:
Reply 10
I don't think anyone on here will be able to (sensibly) give you an answer so your best bet is to get to a doctor to find out whats going on.
I think you need to see a doctor.. it could be schizophrenia.
Sounds oddly specific for a hallucination. I wouldn't worry overly about Schizophrenia, etc. - you're a lot more likely to get auditory than visual hallucinations. :biggrin:
You're sure it's nothing person-shaped? Trick of the light?
You could just have a really vivid imagination. Whenever I'm walking down the street at night I can see people sitting in the (empty) cars parked by the street.
Reply 13
TBh, I think you are ok. Your subconsciousness just missed ur old buddy :wink:
For example, I miss my dog (dead) So whenever I see a dog, I think that it is him. Though even when I realise that he isnt I still feel strongly connected with dogs... I might be crazy as well now that Im thinking of it :P
Don't say smoking weed has no bad effect now...
Reply 15
See a doctor just to be on the safe side. Hope everything's ok! :s-smilie:
Anonymous
This sounds like a hallucination which is a symptom of serious mental illness. You seriously need to go to the doctors

Not necessarily, hallucinations can derive from various vitamin/mineral deficiencies, dissociation or just too much dopamine. OP doesn't necessarily have a mental illness, in fact my guess is they don't considering the lack of any other symptoms and the awareness that the 'images' aren't real.
You see him as you miss that love and support in your life. You don’t have that special connection with anyone else right now. Your sub conscience is telling you that you need a deeper connection like that past friend

Quick Reply

Latest