The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
frosty92
I'm in the same boat! :woo:

I was seriously :eek: when I got my results. If it had been a high B, I would have understood, but I only just scraped a C!

I'm thinking a bit of dodgy marking has been going on :cool:
Reply 41
bringmesunshine
the average grade in our year was a D and only one girl got an A in the whole year! school won't pay for any remarks or resits or any papers back :mad: personally, we all think that there is something not quite right either with the way we were prepared for the exam or with the marking itself (although our teacher reckons ours were marked by the chief examiner!). aqa have screwed me over bigtime in these exams and i can't blame lack of revision or effort because i work my socks off.

The average in our class was D-E, no-one got above a D! Although there are 6 of us in the class...

They were not my favourite set of questions but in NO WAY did we deserve those grades! I, personally, revised for Britain and didn't even play in the snow...much!

My teacher said that there would be lots of re-marks, maybe he was right:woo:

I hope that your re-marks go well:yes: Damn AQA, the money-making bastards!
frosty92
The average in our class was D-E, no-one got above a D! Although there are 6 of us in the class...

They were not my favourite set of questions but in NO WAY did we deserve those grades! I, personally, revised for Britain and didn't even play in the snow...much!

My teacher said that there would be lots of re-marks, maybe he was right:woo:

I hope that your re-marks go well:yes: Damn AQA, the money-making bastards!

out of about 7 in our class, 6 of us got As. our teacher's 25 and got a first in psych. at southampton. so it's a credit to her seeing as shes so young and this is her first year in teaching. puts the rest of the teachers to shame *EDIT* in our school (that may have come across wrong)
I had my LAW 3 paper marked a couple of years ago after they ballsed up on the marking for our entire year. Went up from a U to a B. Ask your teacher to get the script back first, have them have a look at it and if they reckon it could go up then go for it. Still, if its only 2UMS marks off a B then you might as well. Its not that much to go up by and if it changes by a grade then you get your money back =]
excuse my wording, but if other people in your class are more or less in the same situation, does that mean your grades are more likely to be accurate??
frosty92

My teacher said that there would be lots of re-marks, maybe he was right

I hope that your re-marks go well Damn AQA, the money-making bastards!

sorry, i deleted my original post because i realised that we did PSYA4 not PSYA3. i think there are about 60 of us that do psychology because apparently half the year does it!

no remarks just yet but thanks anyway :smile: getting the papers back first to see if its worth it before paying £40 for a remark. i hope yours go well, we should all post what happens when they come back and compare!
Reply 46
Miss Purple
excuse my wording, but if other people in your class are more or less in the same situation, does that mean your grades are more likely to be accurate??

Most people in my class didn't revise, their marks are most probably accurate. However, I revised to the death... In fact, most of my class were happy with their marks! Shame...

I should of put 2 out of 6 in my class actually work hard (the others tend to just mill around and play on the computers *sigh*)
Reply 47
I've had remarks in GCSE French Speaking, and AS History...both times there was no change.
Miss Purple

i think it could go either way. it could be that the class were simply not prepared properly in terms of exam technique and what is expected of them or it could be that the marking of all the papers from a class wasn't as it should be and therefore this would need to be investigated with the exam board. both have happened to me in the january exams, the former in psychology and the latter in law.
Reply 49
-

Mine has been sent for a priority re-mark and I was told I should have the results within 18 days
(edited 5 years ago)
Lit2010
Mine has been sent for a priority re-mark and I was told I should have the results within 18 days

:O i could understand if that was a normal remark, but that's ridiculous for a priority!
oh well, we waited over a month for these ones, half a month shouldnt be too bad
Miss Purple
there are at least 5 A-grade students in my chem class, and none of us got an A, which my teacher thought was quite shocking.

it means the examiner who marked your scripts probably quite stingy. And it probably was one examiner who marked all your schools scripts.
Reply 52
Conor C
I got 2 UMS marks off a B in business studies AS module 2. :mad: To get the B, I will need to get marked up about 10 raw marks on the paper.

Do people who get their papers remarked usually get higher grades? What are the chances of me getting my B by getting it remarked?
]
Would be useful to know this before paying the danm 40 quid to get it remarked!

Mine went from a C to an A, by 18 marks. It was an AS History module.
Reply 53
-

Its cheaper and makes more sense to enter yourself for a resit and normal remark, and then withdraw later if remark is good (you get refunded up to about 20th of april if you withdraw)
(edited 5 years ago)
bringmesunshine
i didn't apply to an 'insurance choice' university, i'm crazy i know :o: i then put both a firm and insurance so that if i do drop a grade i have two chances of being accepted this year rather than having to take a gap year and reapply.

sneaky...
69Crazyfists
sneaky...

it's a bit risky but i didn't like any of the 'AAB' universities so didn't see the point in applying to one.
bringmesunshine
it's a bit risky but i didn't like any of the 'AAB' universities so didn't see the point in applying to one.

I realised despite getting 4 offers, I actually regret applying to 2 of them...
Lucky that i like my firm and insurance.
bump!
Reply 58
Just got my PSYA3 paper back and have gone up 23 marks from a C to an A!!!
I'm very happy, but I can't believe marking can be that subjective.
Reply 59
Lit2010
Just got my PSYA3 paper back and have gone up 23 marks from a C to an A!!!
I'm very happy, but I can't believe marking can be that subjective.

Congrats!! I'm waiting for my paper back for the exact same exam!! :woo:
How long was it from the time you sent off for the re-mark to getting it back?:rolleyes:

Latest