The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm glad the Saudis for once showed some spine.

http://www.worldbulletin.net/news_detail.php?id=53756
Diaz89

Lets hope the US keep quiet on this one
Reply 3
I'm not sure it's spine at all. I think no serious conversation could occur between any genuinely interested parties in resolution of conflict (which I don't consider Saudi Arabia huge on) because of this type of cosmeticalities. Will discussions halt every time Israel sends someone "boorish" or provide unfortunately bad taste in furniture ?
Diaz89

And what exactly is do the Saudis have to do with this little dispute? :s-smilie:

Nothing.

Edit: I've had a lot of idiots ask me recently "how can you say the Saudis have nothing to do with this?!" Just to clarify, I was referring specifically to the incident in which a Turkish politician was put on a lower chair than the Israeli one to make him seem inferior. I was asking what the Saudis had to do with such a minor issue, not what they had to do with the conflict as a whole because they obviously play an important part.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 5
Precisely, that's why I'm glad they had the spine to stand up for Turkey against the bed rock of the middle east.
Diaz89
Precisely, that's why I'm glad they had the spine to stand up for Turkey against the bed rock of the middle east.

Again they had nothing to do with it. It's like Argentina getting involved in a dispute with Japan and Spain. Pointless. Although in the context of the modern Middle East, it just heightens tensions and creates more hostility towards Israel, as we all know Saudi Arabia are siding with Turkey for the simple reason they hate Israel.
Reply 7
Well seeing as they're fellow Muslims and the disgusting way the Israelis treated that Ambassador, I would believe the point would be pretty evident. Secondly, hatred of Israel has now moved beyond the Middle East, Western Europe, North America even Latin America have begun to see the monster for what it is. A couple more of those Gaza massacres and hopefully, the 60 year honey moon would be over.
:pal:
Reply 9
Viva Viva Palestine!!!!!! =) =) =)
Diaz89
Well seeing as they're fellow Muslims and the disgusting way the Israelis treated that Ambassador, I would believe the point would be pretty evident. Secondly, hatred of Israel has now moved beyond the Middle East, Western Europe, North America even Latin America have begun to see the monster for what it is. A couple more of those Gaza massacres and hopefully, the 60 year honey moon would be over.

Israel is not a monster. I hope you're not referring to the entire 7 million population when you say that? Yeah, it's a shame that the entire world now hates Israel - because what the Israelis need is solidarity. People need to see exactly what is being done to Israel and that they are perfectly well within their rights to fight back against constant attacks on their territory.

Gaza was not a "massacre". You want a real massacre? How about the Hebron massacre of 1929? Gaza was a highly precise operation to target terrorist figures, and a response to years of rocket attacks on Sderot and Ashkelon killing innocents, and striking fear into the minds of Israelis. Israel is patient, but not patient enough to let these 4 times daily rocket attacks go without retalliation.

You do know that the Palestinian death toll in Gaza included the terrorists, right?
:israel:
It's anything but a little dispute :fyi:
Reply 13
Their territory :rolleyes:

Gaza was not a "massacre". You want a real massacre? How about the Hebron massacre of 1929? Gaza was a highly precise operation to target terrorist figures, and a response to years of rocket attacks on Sderot and Ashkelon killing innocents, and striking fear into the minds of Israelis. Israel is patient, but not patient enough to let these 4 times daily rocket attacks go without retalliation.

No 1000 dead civilians is not a massacre is it? And please don't give me the whole rocket ********,pipes filed with cement aren't rockets. You occupy, imprison and humiliate a population and you expect to be passive about it?

You do know that the Palestinian death toll in Gaza included the terrorists, right?

Right, police officers are terrorists now
:israel:
Reply 15
Awesome.
Diaz89
You occupy, imprison and humiliate a population and you expect to be passive about it?
Well sending rockets over the border is hardly going to help will it, how about something constructive... like agreeing to one of the numerous peace deals over the years or rebuilding the infrastructure or not electing a party which tortures its own citizens - http://www.rferl.org/content/HRW_Says_Hamas_Attacked_Palestinian_Opponents_Under_Cover_of_Israeli_Offensive/1613660.html
Reply 17
Diaz89
Right, police officers are terrorists now

Can police officers and other law enforcement agents be subsumed under the heading of armed forces (who are legitimately subject to attack)? The answer to the question depends on whether the policemen have officially incorporated into the armed forces or (despite the absence of official incorporation) have taken part in hostilities. If integrated into the armed forces, policemen - like all combatants - 'may be attacked at any time simply because they have that particular status'.

- The Conduct of Hostilities under the Law of International Armed Conflict, Yoram Dinstein, p.95.

Dinstein, in an e-mail to me, stated the following: "In a non-State entity the difference between police and other armed groups is hardly perceptible. This is true not only of Hamas. In the Palestinian Authority, the "police" is the army." (Yoram Dinstein, 27/01/2009 08:06)
Reply 18
:pal:
Reply 19
manwithaplan
Well sending rockets over the border is hardly going to help will it, how about something constructive... like agreeing to one of the numerous peace deals over the years or rebuilding the infrastructure or not electing a party which tortures its own citizens - http://www.rferl.org/content/HRW_Says_Hamas_Attacked_Palestinian_Opponents_Under_Cover_of_Israeli_Offensive/1613660.html

They pledged a ceasefire and Israel broke it. Secondly you are no position to criticize Hamas given the thousands of imprisoned and tortured Palestinians you have in your dungeons.

Latest

Trending

Trending