The Student Room Group

Availabilty of Paramedic science courses 10/11

Hey,

I'm currently studying Psychology and Criminology at Ipswich uni (1st year). This choice was something of a substitute to say the least as I actually want to become a paramedic. To cut to the chase and explain why I haven't taken the route in pursuiting this is because I'm blind in my left eye and know that this causes massive problems in the field of acquiring my C1 or D1 license; what most trusts would require of a practising paramedic!? However, I'm still considering all of my options and wondered if anyone knew of any degrees commencing September this year that still have places open and that don't require these driving license categories on entry? The option I'm looking into is that of private work on completion of the degree whereby vehicles equal to or weighing less than 3.5t will be operated out of. I know this is a massive risk as I'd have to navigate getting registered with the HPC, but If I'd managed to to successfully complete the degree and prove I could do the job then maybe I could work an angle of them overseeing registration based upon non discrimination!?

Anyway, thanks to anyone in advance that has any useful information regarding my queries.

Ash
Reply 1
They will not accept you without a Provisional License in C1 (D1 in wales).
What uni's that that you refer to Jake?...I've briefly looked on some websites of some of the course providers and see that some don't require C1.
JakeM
They will not accept you without a Provisional License in C1 (D1 in wales).

Sorry, kind of just working out how best to use this site....guessing if I quote you then theres's more chance you'll notice I've responded?

Is it the case that all uni's require provisional? I have seen that some on there entry requirements web pages simply state that a full driving license is required only. Coventry, St. Georges and Brighton I think?
one_eye_on_the_goal
Sorry, kind of just working out how best to use this site....guessing if I quote you then theres's more chance you'll notice I've responded?

Is it the case that all uni's require provisional? I have seen that some on there entry requirements web pages simply state that a full driving license is required only. Coventry, St. Georges and Brighton I think?

There are quite a lot of unis that don't require C1 and some don't even require a driving licence. As for places left for 2010 as its such a competative course I seriously doubt there are any courses available in Extra. There is a slight chance some will come up in clearing but they usually go pretty fast.

Latest