The Student Room Group

Weird things happen when I go to the toilet

So, for the past couple of months I get loads of gas and then when I go to the toilet all that comes out is this weird jelly mucus stuff. I also have had constipation and diarrhea which the doctor says comes from ibs but I haven't told them about this yet. I heard that more mucus is a symptom of ibs but I have never heard of it coming out on its own. :o: :frown:

Has anyone else experienced this? Or have any idea what it could be? Is it just ibs?
Reply 1
FallenPetal
-puts sandwich I was eating down-

Thanks.

You came to a thread about going to the toilet, what did you expect? :confused:
to begin with you need to recognise ibs isn't actually a specific single condition - so with these unusual symptoms when you tell the doctor EVERYTHING they should be able to pinpoint what your eating that might be causing this...
I've had this before. Apparently its IBS related.
Snot farts? Nice. That's defo not normal, but you shouldn't let your doctor fob you off, go back and demand proper tests so that if it is IBS you can prescribed appropriately.
It might be part of your diet.
Anonymous
So, for the past couple of months I get loads of gas and then when I go to the toilet all that comes out is this weird jelly mucus stuff. I also have had constipation and diarrhea which the doctor says comes from ibs but I haven't told them about this yet. I heard that more mucus is a symptom of ibs but I have never heard of it coming out on its own. :o: :frown:

Has anyone else experienced this? Or have any idea what it could be? Is it just ibs?

It all sounds like ibs, mucus and all. I have quite mild ibs, but i've heard some real horror stories, consider yourself veeerrrry lucky, it doesn't sound like it effects you that much. If you haven't tried it yet, try and figure what foods you respond to, should be some help. Good luck with, erm, all that :rofl2:
Cut the spam out in this thread please. Only post if you can offer something helpful in reply to what the OP has asked for.
this apparently happens with diet pills!! make sure you don't over compensate with fibre in your diet for constipation and tell your doctor!! if they have given you anything for ibs it could be that!!
Reply 9
One of the symptoms of piles is mucus coming from there, and you can get piles from straining a lot eg with constipation.

As above though do mention it to yor doc so they can check it out!

x
Reply 10
Prolonged indigestion....
May be IBS, consult doctor..
Mucus is a sypmtom of IBS? Never heard of that one nor experienced it.
Reply 12
hannah_dru
Mucus is a sypmtom of IBS? Never heard of that one nor experienced it.

According to the nhs website it is :dontknow: but I don't know whether that is just mucus with stool and not on its own

Anonymous
It all sounds like ibs, mucus and all. I have quite mild ibs, but i've heard some real horror stories, consider yourself veeerrrry lucky, it doesn't sound like it effects you that much. If you haven't tried it yet, try and figure what foods you respond to, should be some help. Good luck with, erm, all that :rofl2:

No, trust me, I have suffered A LOT. I had diarrhea for about 4 months straight and I have only just got it about under control after a year of having diarrhea at least once a week. I've practically not left the house in the last year, it's ruined my life. Gross I know.

Latest