The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You keep yourself busy, pay of bills, sort family and friends out and finally enjoy yourself with the money. I also expect a fair amount of investments are make too which would keep you busy.
Reply 2
Why do people go public after they win it? is it required that they do so or can they remain anonymous?
Reply 3
I would stay anonymous, and still look like a poor student if I won it during university.
Only my mates who I helped with the money and family are the only people I would tell.
Of course the bank as well lol
Reply 4
Wait for someone to rob you
Win the lottery.
?????????????????
Profit.
Reply 6
Diaz89
Why do people go public after they win it? is it required that they do so or can they remain anonymous?

No they can remain anonymous (read about it once, can't remember where). There's no way I would tell everyone if I won! Surely only bad things happen to those who do go public...
I come round to your house and rob you.
Reply 8
The women come crawling in :sexface:
pay our fine
pay TV lisence
buy food
buy loads of things for hammies
give my parents a lump sum to do as they please
buy my parents a place in bulgaria next to my sisters
pay off my sisters mortgage on her new house and the mortgage on her bulgarian place
buy me and the bf a place in bulgaria
spend spend spend on all the things we want, WII, DSi, tattoos, clothes, perfume etc
I would pretend to be poor still in public.

I would pay off my parent's mortgage and the rest of their bills.

Then pick the nicest accomdations when i move to uni and still live on campus.

Would invest some of the money but most would stay hidden until 2nd year of uni where i would buy a place near uni then rent out some rooms to other students.:smile:

Of course simple stuff would be upgraded, such as computer/phone....
#2 is nearly useless atm with crap intrest rates :s-smilie:
Reply 12
Diaz89

I think that one of the requirements if you win is to sit for a photoshoot and do some interviews for the lottery company - Its probably in the really smallprint on the ticket, or on the website somewhere
Reply 13
Pay my parents' mortgage, buy a Ferrari, never worry.
Reply 14
darigan
I think that one of the requirements if you win is to sit for a photoshoot and do some interviews for the lottery company - Its probably in the really smallprint on the ticket, or on the website somewhere

It's not... not everyone goes public, just the stupid people :p:
Reply 15
ily_em
It's not... not everyone goes public, just the stupid people :p:

Really! I thought it was a requirement... In that case, you're dead right - the people that do come forward are idiots - All the grief that they get from nutcases... why?

//edit - Oh, you posted that aa good 10 or 15 minutes before i posted - I should have read the thread properly ;-)
Depends how much I win :biggrin:

1. Put some aside for uni
2. Buy a beautiful house in London - must have 6+ rooms, at least 2 living rooms and 3 bathrooms... very specific, I know :p:
3. Leftovers - keep half and give other half to my family :smile:
There was a winner who won 64 million pounds it was all over the news.

God, if only I had that sort of money.

Everyone says money doesn't bring happiness, oh god how their wrong!
Reply 18
Stay quite for a couple of months.

Maybe go on holiday to my grandparents house (AKA Australia)

Latest