The Student Room Group

what advanced highers do your school offer

i go to biggar high school and they only offer the sciences, maths,english and music. i think history would have been on for next year but not enough teachers. more out of interest than anything.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
didn't know PE was an advacnedhigher. biggar probally does have enogh teachers to do BM AH and Graphics and PE. go onto the website and you can have a look at the senior option form. last year AH French was offered.
Reply 2
Larbert offers all the sciences, maths, english, music, business management, accounting, computing, health and food technolgy (home economics), geography, french, german, spanish, art and design, graphic communication, product design, p.e. and drama.

So 19 in total :smile:
jono93
i go to biggar high school and they only offer the sciences, maths,english and music. i think history would have been on for next year but not enough teachers. more out of interest than anything.

My school only offers those above as 'taught' courses but there is excellent regional support if you want to do something more obscure by yourself.
Reply 4
our school does off .... all but we are a small schoo. i had a friend who has moved to our school for 5th year but now he wants to move again as they arn't offering the ones he wants.
Reply 5
Sadly I will never have use of them. :sad:

Give me a minute to count how many there are...
Reply 6
Maths, English, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Music, Art, Geography. So 8. (:
Reply 7
24. Quite a lot now I think about it.
Reply 8
Ohh... and the baccalaureates for arts and sciences.
Which are just about the same level as Advanced Highers so I suppose that takes Larbert to 21.
Reply 9
how many people do they have in each class. must be a big school
Reply 10
Maths, Biology, English, Mods, Art, French, Geography, Chemistry, History, Graph Comm, German and Physics. 12
Reply 11
You can have a full class or smaller.

One of my friends is in a class with only 3 other people.
Reply 12
my school offers Maths, Computing, Music, French, History, English, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Geography, Modern Studies and Graph Comm. It also offers A-Level Art.

13 including art. not bad.
Maths, Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Computing, Bus Man, Drama...

Oh, and French. Which is downright ridiculous considering they never get a take up of more than two or three, whereas plenty of people want to do History and the headteacher is giving French the support to run it and not History.

Our french department are insanely fanatical though, seriously, they're running AH for one person this year. Who I think has actually recently dropped out, rofl.
Reply 14
AH for chemistry in our school in run for only 2 people.
jono93
AH for chemistry in our school in run for only 2 people.

But there's five or six in our school want to do History, the teacher said he'd be willing to do it, and the headteacher's like "No, insufficient numbers" :mad:
Reply 16
Art and Maths. Maths was this year only, never been taught before.
Reply 17
Biology, Maths and Graphics. Computing and Physics are also on this year, but only one person is taking them- it was only allowed because he's a genius and teaches himself anyway!
Reply 18
My school offers AH in English, Maths, Art, History, Music, Geography, Computing and all three Sciences.
Reply 19
My school does English, RE, Computing, History, Biology and Art.

I was only allowed to do Physics this year cause my teacher knew I'd be able to teach myself it. Although, for anything else we do have an option to go to another school but we need to have decided by the March :s-smilie: Which sucked cause after I got my results I wanted to swap from Computing to Maths which I couldn't :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending