The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
pc + speakers iriver, stereo, tv, gamecube & games, cds (got LOADS - but probably wont take all as a lot of them are on my iriver) posters, pots pans an all that, bedding stuff etc, clothes, my pad of lyrics etc.. stuff like that..

gunna buy other stuff when i get there. as long as i take my essentials i can survive :biggrin:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 21
Who is taking a computer? And if you are, are you taking a desktop or a laptop? I was thinking laptop cos I can move it around then. Or are some of you not going to bring them and use the uni's computers?
Got a laptop.. a computer of some sort is essential apparently
today i have bought towels, baths sheets, flannel, a big knife!!!, bottle opener, spatula (WHY!!!), wooden spoon (again WHY!), pyjamas, a big pink fleecey blanket, some pink mugs, and some shoes!!! im taking everything!! including a bottle of JD, bottle of malibu, and a bottle of champers!!
Reply 24

a big knife!!!,

that was really scary!

spatula - you'll need it for cooking man! most of my dishes involved a pan of some sort :-\

oooh get into leodis block E and let me share your JD :p:
Reply 25
Fleece
that was really scary!

spatula - you'll need it for cooking man! most of my dishes involved a pan of some sort :-\

oooh get into leodis block E and let me share your JD :p:

most of my dishes involve no cooking- just stick it in the microwave and off you go!
Reply 26
hahaha nooooooo micro meals are gross!
Reply 27
I agree microwave meals are disgusting, self catered is the way to go. :smile:
Reply 28
i love cooking so its good for me
Reply 29
Fleece
i love cooking so its good for me

I'm gonna have to learn to love cooking! I actually hate microwave meals but they're just so convenient :smile: Do people actually cook proper meals then, or do they just live on beans on toast?
Reply 30
haha, when i was at nottingham my flatmates lived on pasta bakes! there was one girl who cooked a proper meat potatoes and veg meal every night but she was a bit odd.... i tend to cook a proper meal though, lots of tasty things can be rustled up in next to no time.
Reply 31
Fleece
haha, when i was at nottingham my flatmates lived on pasta bakes! there was one girl who cooked a proper meat potatoes and veg meal every night but she was a bit odd.... i tend to cook a proper meal though, lots of tasty things can be rustled up in next to no time.

Well expect me to drop by every time I want a good meal :p:
Reply 32
hahaha np...bring some alcofrol and your italian notes round and its a done deal :tongue:
Reply 33
Fleece
hahaha np...bring some alcofrol and your italian notes round and its a done deal :tongue:

:shakehand done deal!
Reply 34
I'll probably just live off pasta the whole time. It's not that I can't cook but I take ages to do things like chop onions so I don't know if I can be bothered to cook properly all the time.

I haven't even begun to plan what I'm going to take. Probably just "borrow" a lot of the utensils and stuff from the house. Saves me buying them lol.
Righto....i'm slightly confused now!

If i'm sharing a kitchen with 4-5 other people, who all bring, say, a set of pans and such, we'd end up with like 30-odd pans! lol!

I'm really not quite getting this sort of thing yet!
J.
:rolleyes:
Reply 36
jimbobismad

If i'm sharing a kitchen with 4-5 other people, who all bring, say, a set of pans and such, we'd end up with like 30-odd pans! lol!

J.

Good point! I might just get my pots and pans once I get to Leeds
Reply 37
Angelica
I'll probably just live off pasta the whole time. It's not that I can't cook but I take ages to do things like chop onions so I don't know if I can be bothered to cook properly all the time.

I haven't even begun to plan what I'm going to take. Probably just "borrow" a lot of the utensils and stuff from the house. Saves me buying them lol.

a lot of people might get p****d off with that tho!
Reply 38
jimbobismad

J.

Haha..well on experience, i shared a flat with 5 other people and we all needed our own pans. Personally i would have felt extremely rude asking to use someone elses stuff, plus if a few of you are cooking at the same time then its needed. You dont end up with loads of surplus really, it just pans out (pun intended)
how many pans is everyone taking?

Latest