The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Photos Of Endcliffe Vale Flats

Has anyone got any pictures of the endcliffe vale flats. I would like to see what it is like in terms of bathroom facilities before I make up my mind on whether I want an ensuite.

Thanks chris
I'm in Vale. Shared bathroom facilities aren't bad at all.

Your actual room is bigger than ones in Endcliffe, as you don't have the small cubicle or a massive desk taking up a whole wall; the kitchen is bigger however there is no mini lounge attached where you can put a TV or anything; there is a shower room, toilet, and a bathroom with a bath obviously which you don't get normally in accommodation.

I've never once 'craved' the newer Endcliffe and I don't think the mini ensuite is worth an extra £600.

You may get Crewe or Crescent though; out of the 16 flats for Vale, I think about 14 of them are full of people who took gap years, with one or two people who are like 21 or so.

I can take pictures if you want later and link them some time. I like Vale, it's a good place, and I would recommend shared - you have to share in 2nd year anyway.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
^ I agree with alot of what has been said above. Probably much better value wise. Although most have one bathroom per 9 rooms which is a bit tight really.

Most of vale is gap yearers and I think it will stay that way, cresent is mainly internationals. If you really want to be in Cresent state heavily that you are after something cheaper on your form, otherwise you may end up being put in En-Suite anyway.
I spent 2-3 weeks there before I moved last year. Didn't like it at all, infestation of ants was a major problem, the room was pretty small, but it is cheaper that is a plus point. The cheaper flats are cheaper for a reason with them not being as new and having problems (they all do that's for sure).
I think 2 flats have 9 and the rest are 8 :smile: Though it really isn't a bother sharing (I too thought it might be) - I've never had to queue for anything. I think once I thought: " I think I'll shower soon" and someone went in 5mins later, and once or twice (as my flat likes baths) someone has been in the bath when I wanted to go in but I just went in the shower.

Of course it has problems - some showers are crazy powerful, but you get used to it, and sometimes taps can be weird, ha, but that's mainly it.

Never had or heard of ant infestation! Bad times for you. I don't think that can reflect Endcliffe Vale as a whole though - it's not dirty on landings, and doesn't appear gross. Wonder how it happened.

I disagree about small rooms. I think you have a lot more floor and definitely wall space than the new Endcliffe ones to be honest. Better view too :wink:

Basically, it really isn't a big deal sharing bathroom facilities, and I personally think it's better value for money; however, if you want it to be nice and brand new (and the new Endcliffe rooms do look brilliant and new) and are willing to pay more for an ensuite, then you might as well go for the new Endcliffe.
I'm just curious as to why Endcliffe seems to be the most popular (it's the one I applied for), is it simply because it has the highest volume of students in comparrison to the other student villages? Better atmosphere generally? Just curious as to what the major draw is.
Reply 6
Luke_Wiechula
I'm just curious as to why Endcliffe seems to be the most popular (it's the one I applied for), is it simply because it has the highest volume of students in comparrison to the other student villages? Better atmosphere generally? Just curious as to what the major draw is.

Atmosphere is amazing, around 3,000 people live there so there's always people about, as it's the biggest it is likely that most people you meet will live there. It looks lovely, the accommodation is lovely and I'm absolutely gutted I have to move out next week. :frown:
Reply 7
Original post by franpgb
I'm in Vale. Shared bathroom facilities aren't bad at all.

Your actual room is bigger than ones in Endcliffe, as you don't have the small cubicle or a massive desk taking up a whole wall; the kitchen is bigger however there is no mini lounge attached where you can put a TV or anything; there is a shower room, toilet, and a bathroom with a bath obviously which you don't get normally in accommodation.

I've never once 'craved' the newer Endcliffe and I don't think the mini ensuite is worth an extra £600.

You may get Crewe or Crescent though; out of the 16 flats for Vale, I think about 14 of them are full of people who took gap years, with one or two people who are like 21 or so.

I can take pictures if you want later and link them some time. I like Vale, it's a good place, and I would recommend shared - you have to share in 2nd year anyway.

hey just wondering if you could post some pics if you have them of your room in endcliffe vale?

thanks
Reply 8
Just going to bump this because I'm also interested in pictures.
Reply 9
Someone sent me this link with accommodation brochures in. I don't know how old they are.

http://accommodation.dept.shef.ac.uk/downloads/self-catering/

All the files have abbreviated names for the different buildings. They have photos and detailed descriptions of the accommodation. I don't know why this info wasn't available before!
I live in en-suite accomodation in Endcliffe at the moment. TBH I think Endcliffe Vale is a lot more down to earth, and a lot better atmosphere. The flat I've been in had a bigger kitchen than mine, one bathroom with a bath and toilet and one shower-room with a toilet as well.

In terms of getting ready in the mornings, I don't think sharing a bathroom would be a problem. Normally everyone starts at different times anyway.

If I had my time again, I would probably have gone for the Vale flats. x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending