The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Why did you apply then?
Reply 2
Wait so, why did you apply to them?
Unidentified_object
I've applied to Loughborough, Warwick, Kent, Essex and Sussex. I got 5 offers, but i can't set my heart on any of them. Shall I reapply to other unis next year?Or will I grow to like these unis? I think I really want to go Birmingham now! Also I've done my resits and now for As i got 4 As!So is it worth it taking a gap year out and reapplying?

hmm... I feel slighly similar but actually applied to universities I wanted, just recieved offers from my bottom two choices!
You can clear all your choices and begin applying one by one, starting with birmingham... or you can make your choices, wait till results day and go through clearing... and then risk having to take a year out...

Accept, for now, that you might go to one of these universities and decide come Autumn I think...
4 A's following resits doesnt mean you will be wanted by birmingham Im afraid, standards seem to be exceptionally high this year!!!
Reply 4
Having 4 As is overated, believe me.
Reply 5
Well Warwick and Lboro are better than Birmingham so I don't see a difference tbh, unless it's for some personal reasons, I'm leaning towards you want to be near a City centre?
Try UCAS extra?
clear all your choices and you can apply one uni at a time.
The only thing is, if your course is really competitive they might have made all of their offers?
I'm not sure.
http://www.ucas.ac.uk/students/offers/extra
I know what you mean, I had my heart set on the University of Manchester for History and Sociology. But then I totally changed my mind to wanting to do Psychology instead, and although I have got an offer for Psychology and Sociology instead I really can't set my heart on it. The course just doesn't look that good and its not accredited.

I think I've got my heart set more on Manchester though than the actual University of Manchester, I think I just liked the idea of going to a really good uni :P But I think I'll be happy in MMU :smile:

You could try and go through extra but there's no guarantee, and then you'll lose your place. Or just try again next year which is what I'd do, but dont withdraw incase you change your mind before then.
hamzab
Well Warwick and Lboro are better than Birmingham so I don't see a difference tbh, unless it's for some personal reasons, I'm leaning towards you want to be near a City centre?

Yes, that's exactly it!When I was applying I was looking at league tables and entry requirements. Now my grades changed and after visiting tha unis I've realised I'm going to miss that metropolitan feel! May be I just changed my mind too much and probably will stick with Loughborough as my first choice!
Reply 9
Remember that next year it is supposed to become really hard to get places, having competition from future applicants, the number of students allowed being cut etc. Also, they're trying to raise the tuition fees A LOT, so I would really think hard about taking a year out. Have you visited these unis?
Reply 10
Mann18
Having 4 As is overated, believe me.

Ouch...That's a painfull UCAS spoiler you've got there :yep: What's "M100"?
Reply 11
TwentyTen

Law.
Reply 12
TwentyTen

That would be Law as a single subject.
Unidentified_object
Yes, that's exactly it!When I was applying I was looking at league tables and entry requirements. Now my grades changed and after visiting tha unis I've realised I'm going to miss that metropolitan feel! May be I just changed my mind too much and probably will stick with Loughborough as my first choice!

Sussex is good because everyone goes into Brighton for a night out. Brighton is an awesome city, you have to learn where to go in the lanes etc and there are some awesome clubs going down to the sea front. You only truly realise how epic Brighton is when you well and truly know it :smile: Also, it's only 50 mins on a train to London, can't get more metropolitan than weekend trips to London! What course is it for?
Reply 14
Mann18
That would be Law as a single subject.

Oh, that's competitive.....From the above post...I'm guessing you got four A's....You should just apply for another (strong/employable etc) subject and convert afterwards. :yep:
Reply 15
TwentyTen
Oh, that's competitive.....From the above post...I'm guessing you got four A's....You should just apply for another (strong/employable etc) subject and convert afterwards. :yep:

Maybe, I don't know. Might become a gypsy. Haven't decided yet.
Reply 16
Mann18
Maybe, I don't know. Might become a gypsy. Haven't decided yet.

Good substitute :smile: ..... Work against that from which you were rejected. :yep:
Reply 17
TwentyTen
Good substitute :smile: ..... Work against that from which you were rejected. :yep:

Of course. Thats how I roll. Seriously though, I'm hoping Clearing/trading up or whatever is good.
You got into Warwick and you wish to be in Birmingham? Who is your drug dealer?
Reply 19
Mann18
Of course. Thats how I roll. Seriously though, I'm hoping Clearing/trading up or whatever is good.

Goodluck :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending