The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

fretter778
If you're on the same EMPA as me, mine was measuring glucose concentration. Essentially mixing milk and lactase and measuring glucose minute by minute. Again, I don't know if yours is the same judging by what you said

Hey fretter can u pm me about aqa as biology empa task 1,
mmaa
how did u measure the glucose? using benedict's solution?

Using clinistix. You put them in the solution and they change colour depending on how much glucose there is.
Reply 22
Hello,
I am taking the AQA AS and A2 EMPA soon, as an external candidate at a school. Please could any nice person/people give me some clues as to what to expect/ what will come up as I havent done any lab work for 3yrs! and am getting nervous. Thanks.
Reply 23
Hiya, i am doin the As AQA chemistry ISA, has anyone got any info about it. I know it is on Enthalpy change, but more info, will be much appreciated :smile:
Reply 24
So then no one knows what the third task ie-the written part of the EMPA is about?? I need the help, little confused as to what i should revise.
Thanks
Reply 25
fretter778
If you're on the same EMPA as me, mine was measuring glucose concentration. Essentially mixing milk and lactase and measuring glucose minute by minute. Again, I don't know if yours is the same judging by what you said

Hi can u p.m me with what u did as well. Thanks :smile:
Does any1 remember the tests that they did in task 2 for chemistry because ive completely forgotten >.<

Or do you know what solution A was?
Thread closed to prevent specifics of the exam being revealed, which is not allowed.

Latest

Trending

Trending