The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Here are my player ratings, and I wrote an article on my site here:

http://www.arsenalreview.com

About the Villarreal match, and the player ratings etc on there too. Man of the match for me was JOINT...Gilberto and Hleb. Here is the rest of the player ratings and why:

Lehmann 6 He had hardly anything to do all night, but when he needed to he came off his line and didn’t make a hash of it. He punched Riquelme’s free kick straight into the middle of the box, which could have been dangerous, but apart from that solid display.

Eboue 7 Penetrated the right hand side and made lots of overlapping runs, worked very hard and well with Hleb. Most of our play was down the right, but his final ball could have been better on several occasions. Still, he did a good job.

Toure 6 Was good enough, and quite solid, scored a goal, probably should have had another. He wasn’t AS brilliant as he has been in recent weeks, but you can never fault him for his effort and hard work.

Senderos 7 Was great, commanded the back line and was ordering the rest to push up in the second half. Good few headers and interceptions. Perhaps one bad pass all night.

Flamini 6 Did his job very well, never looked out of place, has been brilliant to see him do this LB position so well. His stamina is supposed to be his best quality, he made overlapping runs and supported the rest of the play.

Hleb 8 Our joint best player on the night, was a glittering display from the Belarussian. If we had won by more, probably would have given him a 9, but still, he was our best attacking player and made the pass for Toures goal.

Fabregas 6 Not as dominant as he was against Madrid and Juve, but he still got in those positions to create chances, but was continuously surrounded by a number of yellow shirts. Still didn’t do much wrong, but wasn’t able to do much in the game.

Gilberto 8 - Best player along with Hleb, was a ROCK in central midfield, he broke up play, tackled, stopped Riquelme from doing anything at all. He was also the starter of our counter attacks so overall well done Gilly.

Pires 6 Didn’t have too much of an impact on our attacking play, but wasn’t really bad either. He had a decent game, comfortable on the ball, and linked up well when we had our one very good spell in the game.

Ljungberg 6 Dribbled a lot more than usual, was quite energetic and broke, but didn’t get much of a chance to do much.

Henry 7 Considering it was a big match, our biggest player and captain, perhaps could have performed better, but he still was good. He drifted to the left a lot during the match, got past their full back a good few times, should have had a goal that was disallowed, and made that nice little pass to Hleb to set up Toure.

Man of the match: Hleb and Gilberto, both were MEN of the match. You can reply here, or you can reply on my site: http://www.arsenalreview.com

Latest