The Student Room Group

Intercollegiate halls

Scroll to see replies

Seriously.... anyone heard anything at all about international?! good? bad? indifferent?

Reply 41
It's meant to be 50% international and 50% home students. :teehee: that's all I know!
mel0n
I have to list all the intercolls in order of preference and I don't think I want to go to ANY! :frown:

ditto this!

they're all expensive and self catered.
supernovastarfish
ditto this!

they're all expensive and self catered.

Catered...
MulderMan
Catered...

*facepalm*
Reply 45
are the intercollegiate halls suposed to have more international students there ?

Are there more international students at these halls than there are at ucl normal halls ?
Reply 46
Ikram Akhlaq
are the intercollegiate halls suposed to have more international students there ?

Are there more international students at these halls than there are at ucl normal halls ?

Dunno but International Hall apparently is 50% international 50% home students.
I'm going to be doing nursing.. so will be based at waterloo campus most of the time.. originally I was planning on going for stamford street / great dover street but I'm now considering intercollegiate halls. I think it would work out cheaper to go catered seeing as the halls are about £5300 roughly, and stamford street is £5400 without food!
Can someone tell me which one of the halls is closest to waterloo? I can see from the booklet thing that they're sort of in a cluster but it doesn't label each hall.
Also, how long roughly would it take to walk from the halls to waterloo?

Edit: Does anyone know the times that they serve food? And will they provide with food to take away? As I;m doing nursing I'll be on placements so wont always be around at the right times
live.laugh.love
I'm going to be doing nursing.. so will be based at waterloo campus most of the time.. originally I was planning on going for stamford street / great dover street but I'm now considering intercollegiate halls. I think it would work out cheaper to go catered seeing as the halls are about £5300 roughly, and stamford street is £5400 without food!
Can someone tell me which one of the halls is closest to waterloo? I can see from the booklet thing that they're sort of in a cluster but it doesn't label each hall.
Also, how long roughly would it take to walk from the halls to waterloo?

Edit: Does anyone know the times that they serve food? And will they provide with food to take away? As I;m doing nursing I'll be on placements so wont always be around at the right times

The closest will be College Hall, which is incidentally the most expensive.

They are all near enough the same distance...

I would put down Connaught Hall, that is the sort of nearest cheapest one.

Breakfast 8-9, Dinner 6-7.
You can order a packed lunch if you will miss dinner, but sometimes they can get pissy if you do it all the time.

From College hall it it just under 2mi, so it would depend on how fast you walk!
MulderMan
The closest will be College Hall, which is incidentally the most expensive.

They are all near enough the same distance...

I would put down Connaught Hall, that is the sort of nearest cheapest one.

Breakfast 8-9, Dinner 6-7.
You can order a packed lunch if you will miss dinner, but sometimes they can get pissy if you do it all the time.

From College hall it it just under 2mi, so it would depend on how fast you walk!

Thanks :smile: 2mi would probably take me quite a while to walk so would use buses then! I think I'm going to put down wolfson then stamford and then connaught hall... and then somehow try and decide on the rest!
Its less than 30 minutes walk from college hall to waterloo. And buses in the morning are soooo slow.
I lived in International Hall in the 05-06 year and had a great time. The food could've been better but wasn't terrible. The rooms and showers were modern, and the bar and music rooms were used a lot. It's really big and I made loads of friends there. The large numbers of foreign students were a big plus for me too - with most of them coming from within the EU. I think something like 60% of all students in London are foreign anyway so my course had a similar mix to my halls.

You've also got plenty of green spaces to chill out in nearby, the Bloomsbury centre (shops and restaurants - although was a building site for my year), a 24 hour Tesco, all a literal stones throw away - plus UCL, SOAS, Kings and the LSE are easily walkable, as is the centre of London.

It wasn't exactly party town but there was still plenty of fun to be had.
Reply 52
I don't wanna go to any of the intercolls :frown: dunno which to order as what.
Reply 53
:bump:
mel0n
:bump:

Well don't order them then.

I can only speak anecdotally, but I dont know of anyone that wanted to go in UCL halls and got placed in intercollegiate. Because UCL only has a certain allocation of intercollegiate places they just give them to people who actually want to stay there.
Reply 55
MulderMan
Well don't order them then.

I can only speak anecdotally, but I dont know of anyone that wanted to go in UCL halls and got placed in intercollegiate. Because UCL only has a certain allocation of intercollegiate places they just give them to people who actually want to stay there.

With KCL you *have* to otherwise they'll all be considered as equal priority or something.
Reply 56
Anybody who has a single study bedroom at International Hall (catered) happen to want to swap for a single bedroom at Connaught?

Message me if interested. Could also arrange a 3 way swap if you would prefer to stay at Nutford House. Thank you!
Reply 57
inside intercollegiate hall, fair amount of student proportion and fair opinion - you will able to see how king --really bad one

intercollegiate are more fair, rather than incompetent catholic biased king's staff that allow all sort of CATHOLIC priest go into the king's hall or flats

-- king is just a religious instuition, students should really SWAP out and SUE king's for its substandard, worse facility and almost nonsense so called lectures

just like compare Paris with London -- pretty much the same
Reply 58
I have a large single room at Nutford House costing 21.7GBP, please message me if anyone is interested. I will be willing to swap for any other intercollegiate halls. thanks :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by GG_C
I have a large single room at Nutford House costing 21.7GBP, please message me if anyone is interested. I will be willing to swap for any other intercollegiate halls. thanks :smile:

Did you not like it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending