The Student Room Group

Psychology at Aberdeen or Dundee?

So I've got unconditional offers for psychology at both Aberdeen and Dundee and must firm one of them. So, I was wondering if maybe one school is held in higher regard than the other? Maybe someone has heard good (or bad) things about the course or department? Or maybe you have studied there and are willing to share your experiences? Is it significantly cheaper to live in Aberdeen or Dundee. And what about finding a part-time job?

I would be grateful for any help!
Reply 1
What entry requirements do they both have?
Reply 2
But if the same, I would certainly go to Aberdeen over Dundee myself.
Reply 3
The requirements are identical. Why would you go to Aberdeen?
I've heard good things about Aberdeen in terms of psychology research, although Dundee is supposed to be quite "up and coming". Have a look at both their department websites and see which have more lecturers in areas that interest you (e.g. I think Aberdeen is quite big on cognition/memory and I know Dundee collaborates with St Andrews on some social identity research)

In terms of city, I would much prefer Aberdeen.
Reply 5
I have been a student in Dundee for the past 4 years studying psychology and I would choose Dundee over Aberdeen any day. Dundee is cheaper for accomodation both halls and private rent, Multi-million pound campus, one of the best unions in Scotland, collabration between St Andrews and Abertay Univeristy as well as Ninewells Hospital and Medical School in relation to active research projects. Dundee is also cheaper for a good night out! The campus is purpose built and part of the city centre which takes care of any travel costs.
Reply 6
Thanks everyone! After digging through their websites and reading reviews I decided to firm Aberdeen :h:

Latest