Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Bath University Parking

Announcements Posted on
Applying to uni this year? Check out our new personal statement advice hub 28-11-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hsbrook)
    Forgot i even started this post! i'm in my second year at Bath now. I bought my car with me for first year as it was necessary for me to be travelling back and forth from home. Unless its completely necessary i wouldn't do it until second year because why would you need it.. and even then parking at the uni is extortionate. Anyway the farmer is at the end of the road out of the uni... the route the bus takes out of uni. The farm is called Rainbow Wood Farm as far as i can remember, and its a B&B. He charges a pound a day for parking and asks for payment up front. So it was like £100 a term, Bath only having 2 terms. If you google the place you'll get the number.

Its pretty busy up there so i'm sure that people who use the sports facilities use it cus as i said Bath uni rips you off in parking and will clamp your car.

Not for much longer as private clamping/towing is being banned in October.

And you can safely ignore private parking (fake) tickets even from agents of a University. MoneysavingExpert parking forum explains about this - not saying people should park where they are not allowed, just saying don't pay if you get a fake PCN.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just trying to work out the best strategy for a visitor coming Friday evening -> Monday. If it weren't for that pesky Monday I'd just get him to park on campus - do you reckon Rainbow Wood Farm or Bathwick/Widcombe Hill is the best bet?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know if the farmer at Rainbow Woods Farm still charges a pound per day for parking? I really want to bring my car up to Bath as buses are really unreliable this year and just don't show up where I live a lot of the time - I'm in my second year living in Oldfield Park. If anybody uses this farm for parking or knows anybody who does then I'd appreciate it if you got back to me Thanks!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm a 4th year now, I started this thread 4 years ago nearly. :O
    Anyway, I did use the farmer, but as you're a second year I wouldn't recommend it. I also live in oldfield park, and I know if you live in the wrong area it's a nightmare, it was in my second year. The farmer takes a whole terms parking anyway and will be full by now since it's week 5.
    Currently I drive up and park on North Road. It's a 15 minute walk, up hill, to uni. But if you don't want to pay parking, then it's probably your only option, as they have even started ticketing at the cats and dogs home now. Or walk to somewhere else in oldfield park to get your bus
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyway, I did use the farmer, but as you're a second year I wouldn't recommend it. I also live in oldfield park, and I know if you live in the wrong area it's a nightmare, it was in my second year. The farmer takes a whole terms parking anyway and will be full by now since it's week 5.
    Currently I drive up and park on North Road. It's a 15 minute walk, up hill, to uni. But if you don't want to pay parking, then it's probably your only option, as they have even started ticketing at the cats and dogs home now. Or walk to somewhere else in oldfield park to get your bus!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Does this still exist? If so, how can you contact the farmer?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hsbrook)
    Currently I drive up and park on North Road. It's a 15 minute walk, up hill, to uni. But if you don't want to pay parking, then it's probably your only option, as they have even started ticketing at the cats and dogs home now. Or walk to somewhere else in oldfield park to get your bus!

Hi, how do you get in contact with this farmer?? thank you! x

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 3, 2013
New on TSR

Vote for your favourite Christmas film

Win a bundle of Xmas DVDs

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.