The Student Room Group

Western Ontario vs York

University of Western Ontario vs University of York (Canada)

Which university is better in terms of science and overall experience ?
Reply 1
Hm... I would say that Western is probably better known as a uni in general, and for sciences in particular. York is a slightly smaller school, although it does have prestigious programs of its own (Business at Shulich, for instance). Not having gone to either, I can't really comment on the overall experience, except to say that I have friends at both and they all seem to be enjoying their university experiences so far.
York is only known for its business program. Western is better known and more prestigious. My chemistry teacher went to Western for his undergrad and was accepted to the University of Chicago for grad school.
Reply 3
York is a trainwreck and an awful school. It is plagued by copious amounts of anti-semitism, a terrible TA union, and just a dangerous and isolated campus. Do yourself a favour and go to Western my friend.
Reply 4
Hahah...I have to agree with the above post...there's a reason they say "if you can use a fork, you can go to York"...

I myself got out of Ontario for my undergrad, but I know a number of friends and family members who went to Wester. Great school, great campus, great reputation, and great city (London, ON).

EDIT: To the above poster...BRISTOL!
Western Ontario!
York is a terrible school. Not prestigious at all. Western Ontario has beautiful campuses and the student body is outgoing and friendly. If you're in for some competition and pressure, I would definitely recommend Western.
Also, Western has better nightlife opposed to stinky York.
Harris
York is a trainwreck and an awful school. It is plagued by copious amounts of anti-semitism, a terrible TA union, and just a dangerous and isolated campus. Do yourself a favour and go to Western my friend.

Way to brighten up my day Harris :wink:
Reply 7
ragnar_jonsson
Way to brighten up my day Harris :wink:

Hahah anytime Ragnar.
Wow...I am 11 years late but I myself am deciding which university to go to. I heard that York is getting more and more prestigious (in engineering) over the years but I am curious if it's on a par with Western. Any tips?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending