The Student Room Group
Johnny_1993
Hey

If so, can you reccommened any interesting titles?

What kind of books are you interested?
Reply 2
catiecashman
What kind of books are you interested?

Well not romantic/love kind of books but alsorts. ie Harry potter, books like The World According to Clarkskn etc
Reply 3
I read a book in Spanish when I was about thirteen and had to read it for school, I found it difficult but I understood what was going on.

I would say that at that stage I was almost at an AS level with my spanish as I had been going to a Spanish secondary school for less than a year.

I couldn't, however, enjoy what I was reading because it does require concentration to grasp the entire meaning of a sentence. Idioms are especially hard.
For Spanish, it depends on your level of the language, not just which exams you are taking. I read Harry Potter in Spanish when I was in year 10 because I was willing to do it but there are a fair few people in my A2 class who couldn't/wouldn't do it now. I would recommend Gabriel Garcia Marquez as a good writer, but perhaps if you are reading in Spanish go for one of the shorter novels first. Plays are always good as well, as they tend to be easier to read and shorter!

Just remember that it is not essential to sit with a dictionary and look up every word - try and get the flow of what you are reading and you will enjoy it more!
Johnny_1993
Well not romantic/love kind of books but alsorts. ie Harry potter, books like The World According to Clarkskn etc

Me ENCANTA Español :smile: Hay muchos libros en Español en Amazon y Ebay. Si necesitas ayuda, ¡preguntame!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=sr_ex_n_1?rh=n%3A283155%2Cn%3A!44258011%2Cn%3A!251254011%2Cn%3A!504358%2Cn%3A301731&bbn=301731&ie=UTF8&qid=1268852077
Reply 6
You can start reading foreign books at any level, but I found that when I didn't have too good a vocabulary parallel texts were great cos you don't have to bother with a dictionary at all. Penguin do a book of parallel text short stories, you could start there.

Latest

Trending

Trending