The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 1
The warwick gym is pretty good. Weight lifting room has 2 squat racks, 2 benches (+ smith machine) and space to deadlift. Has 5 or 6 barbells. Has a free weights room also with 5 benches, and dbs from 15kg to 65kg. Beasts somewhat frequent.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
definatly for first year on campus I believe the gym is far cheaper and more convienient, yooud go for that...
I think most first years into that sort of thing use the warwick gym. Has a good selection of weights, expect somoene else could go into more detail.

I use the fitness suite most days, but not weights.
Reply 4
thanks for the replies. from the description, sounds like the warwick gym is pretty well equipped, im guessing it will be good to train with students of similar ages compared to at a private gym. how busy is the gym/weights?

also would i be able to pm any of you, about accomodation, to get a 1st hand view. thankssssss!
Reply 5
4-6 is packed. However if you actually want to weight train it should be fine. I can pretty much get a squat rack every single time I've been in there with no waiting. The db room is a no go area during peak times though. Oh and of course, the benches will always be in use at peak. It opens at 7.15 and closes at 2130.
Reply 6
It gets busy, but if you chose to go when you know it'll be quiet then its fine. Plenty of equipment, and other people to spot for you.
Reply 7
dng92
thanks for the replies. from the description, sounds like the warwick gym is pretty well equipped, im guessing it will be good to train with students of similar ages compared to at a private gym. how busy is the gym/weights?

also would i be able to pm any of you, about accomodation, to get a 1st hand view. thankssssss!

Hey bud I am going to warwick this year too, you training for anything or just for the love of training?
Reply 8
Im not training for sports related, im guessing you are doing it for rugby? what you studying? what accomodation you thinking about?
Reply 9
well with only £90 a year, you can get membership for both the fitness suite and the gym which i highly recommend getting. Ive been gyming seriously lately and i feel that you'll be needing equipements in both areas.. for beginners, the weights in the dumbell room are a little too heavy to start with (15kg+) and the fitness suite has weights below 10kgs which is good.

Latest

Trending

Trending