The Student Room Group

Been accepted for semester abroad !

:biggrin:

Got the letter through today. Applied back in April, with University of Copenhagen as my first choice. I knew it was really competitive as there were only 3 places available so I didn't ever get my hopes up. The decision was made based on your academic record, personal statement, and a recommendation from an academic member of staff.

However, a nice letter came through this morning telling me that my application was successful and that I'll be spending the Spring semester at the Law School of University of Copenhagen.

I'm over the moon - obviously because they think I'm "good" enough to go -that I came through tough competition; and that it is another thing for the CV ! You know law students - we must have many strings on our bow.
Reply 1
Whoo! Congratulations!

:smile:

D xxx
Reply 2
Well done :biggrin:.

I applied for a year abroad in my third year. Even if I got it now, I'm not going to take it up. I've just seemed to have gone off the idea - but if it was only a semester, I probably would have given it more of a chance.
Reply 3
well done. any hints for us peeps starting out?
Reply 4
themesong
well done. any hints for us peeps starting out?

If you're wanting to go on a semester/year abroad, you just have to work hard in your first year. Usually the success of your application depends entirely on how well you do.
Cool - I'm heading for my year abroad on Tuesday. I'm going to university in America... Shenandoah University, Virginia! Can't wait!
Its a good idea, a year out of competitve study counting towards the classification and a score with employers.
Reply 7
ok cool, thanks
Try and sort out some work experience when you're there. I ran into a guy at a local chinese last night and he's planning to set me up with a law firm in San Francisco! Random!
Reply 9
Congratulations!

I applied to for the international LLB half way through my 1st year. I found out I was on the reserve list to spend a year in Singapore. Which I'm quite proud of, seeing as only 2 people get to go so being 3rd choice ain't too bad when I know alot of people applied! Although I've since changed my mind about going so even if I had have been offered a place, I don't think I would have gone. My best mate has been accepted onto a european one and is gonna spend his 3rd year in Denmark. I'm gutted that he's leaving me and won't be at our graduation :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending