The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Can I re-apply after getting rejected?

So, I applied for Accounting & Finance and got rejected yesterday. I was wondering, is it possible for me to re-apply again?

I'm studying A-Levels now and my final results won't be out till Aug this year. And the accounting & finance course starts on 4th Oct 2010......

Will I be able to make it in time for that course if I re-apply after getting my final results? Or do I have to wait till 2011?

And how do I go about re-applying again after I get my final results? Do I sign up at UCAS again? Cause right now, I applied to all my unis using my forecasted results.

Thanks in advance! :smile:
i believe u cannot apply for an more courses after march this year , untill september! so yes you will have to wait till 2011 as the uni would not be recieving applications for 2010 courses after this march, which means they wont consider you for this year.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Do you know that it was because of your grades that they rejected you? If it was something else, then actually having your grades might not make the slightest bit of difference anyway. It mihgt be worth contacting them to ask why you didn't get an offer before thinking ahead to the Summer...
Yeah, find out why you were rejected. Look in extra then clearing for alternatives, and a last minute tactic is to ring on results day to see if they'll take you (some people drop out or defer, some fail to achieve results etc so places do turn up). This will only work if it was your grades that caused the problem and you get a huge slice of luck.

Good luck. Rejection is tough in all forms!
Reply 4
I don't want to give you any false hope, but you could call them up on results day and ask if they are willing to take you on. Someone I know did this and got a place last year. But the chances are slim.
Reply 5
I just read the decision letter on UCAS and it says that.....

"Your application is no longer being considered by The University of Warwick for Accounting and Finance, NN34 because either they have decided not to offer you a place or your application has been withdrawn."

Will it actually make a difference if I do call them on results day to appeal for a place?

Since they very clearly said that "my application has been withdrawn and is no longer being considered".

Thanks for the replies, btw!
Reply 6
ryau
I just read the decision letter on UCAS and it says that.....

"Your application is no longer being considered by The University of Warwick for Accounting and Finance, NN34 because either they have decided not to offer you a place or your application has been withdrawn."

Will it actually make a difference if I do call them on results day to appeal for a place?

Since they very clearly said that "my application has been withdrawn and is no longer being considered".

Thanks for the replies, btw!

Yeah, the person i know had the same thing. I'm not saying that you'll get in if you call. There might just be a slim slim slim chance.
Reply 7
I got rejected for the same course. If you desperately want to go to Warwick wait until next yr (call and ask them the reason first). Else, just call them on results day like me for 'Adjustment'. It will require luck, but there is more chance than somewhere like LSE. The typical offer is AAB + b, so hopefully someone will miss it :smile:
Reply 8
hey i got rejectd too for accounts and finance in warwick..was pretty depressed but my friend re-applied for another course in a weeks time and got in immediately..it just depends on luck

Latest

Trending

Trending