Finally, a result that has boosted my confidence :biggrin:

Very nice! I have mine on Friday. I'm not gonna get 25 though. :p:
jackwka
got 25/25 in my spanish speaking :biggrin: happppppyyyy :smile:

Well done! :biggrin: That's fantastic! :woo:
ArcadiaHouse
SQAngel, I have a question :flutter:

My English teacher wants to send off a short story I wrote that was published by Penguin Books on their website for my Advanced Higher English creative writing folio. She has forgotten that it was published, but it's published under my (quite unusual) name.

Would it still be ok to use for my folio? Thanks. :smile:

Arcadia

I meant to say, I'm checking this out for you, but the person I need to talk to is away at the moment. Will get back to you asap!

Congrats on getting published though - this is as close as I'll ever get!

SAM
mysqa
Arcadia

I meant to say, I'm checking this out for you, but the person I need to talk to is away at the moment. Will get back to you asap!

Congrats on getting published though - this is as close as I'll ever get!

SAM

Thank you very much on both counts. :awesome: Incidentally our teacher's in hospital atm so there's no rush, really. :o: Thanks for any info you can find! :woo:
And the answer is...

As long as it is your original work, there's no reason why not. If a marker or indeed the exam team sources it on the internet and accuses you of plagiarism then you have the perfect defence!

Hope your teacher's better - something you did?

SAM
Pedrobear
Very nice! I have mine on Friday. I'm not gonna get 25 though. :p:

Good Luck!!!
mysqa
And the answer is...

As long as it is your original work, there's no reason why not. If a marker or indeed the exam team sources it on the internet and accuses you of plagiarism then you have the perfect defence!

Hope your teacher's better - something you did?

SAM

Thank you!! :woo: Should I attach a note or something anyway? Penguin only put it under my first name. What do I tell my teacher to convince her that it's ok? :ninja: That I e-mailed the SQA? :smile: When you type a line from the story on Google, it's the first result that comes up. :eek:

She was fine yesterday but she hasn't been very well all year. I feel most sorry for her floundering Higher class! :p:
jackwka
got 25/25 in my spanish speaking :biggrin: happppppyyyy :smile:

Well done!
I got 25 too.
My teacher said it was the best talk she has ever heard :o: and that she thinks it deserved a higher mark :p:
Speaking of speaking, i got 20/25 in my Higher French...speaking! :biggrin:
Geography prelim went ok. Managed to put an answer for everything. It's just the time that gets me! I don't think that 100 marks in 75 minutes is feasible! Anyone else doing Geography agree with me? NAB went better cos we only did one question (Development and Health) so 50 marks and got 50 minutes for it as that's the time given for NABs! And I am infamously bad for writing overly long answers. Before my teacher started us she said that there's paper at the front in case anyone will need it and she looked straight at me! :p: Only got 3 NABs left: Computing Unit 3, Physics Unit 3 and Maths Unit 3! How is everyone else coping?
Reply 50
alasdair1993
Geography prelim went ok. Managed to put an answer for everything. It's just the time that gets me! I don't think that 100 marks in 75 minutes is feasible! Anyone else doing Geography agree with me? NAB went better cos we only did one question (Development and Health) so 50 marks and got 50 minutes for it as that's the time given for NABs! And I am infamously bad for writing overly long answers. Before my teacher started us she said that there's paper at the front in case anyone will need it and she looked straight at me! :p: Only got 3 NABs left: Computing Unit 3, Physics Unit 3 and Maths Unit 3! How is everyone else coping?

I've got my unit 3 maths, human b and chem nabs to do along with my close reading and personal study nabs D: not good lol
Arcadia

If I was you, I'd persuade your teacher asap, then plan with the school what to include - their support will be important! I can't really give you a firm answer as this is not something that comes up very often. But as I say, as long as you wrote it, you can use it.

SAM
Reply 52
alasdair1993

Totally agree on the Geography fount! I have never gotten down everything I want to. Don't worry about writing too much though as long as you don't run out of time. I wrote twenty pages in my prelim :rolleyes:

Are you almost finished your courses? We have one topic left in Geography (Biosphere), one in Maths (Logs etc.), a wee bit in Chemistry (all the Physics stuff so hopefully I'll be fine), two chapters of our English novel left and some poems still to do and we're finished Physics!
alasdair1993

I completely agree. I have my second prelim on Wednesday. But lucky for me it's onlu on Development and Health. But unlucky for me is that it just doesn't seem to be going into my head and now I'm panicking. I've only got... 1 NAB left I think (is that bad that I don't know how many I have left?) for Unit 3 for Physics. I just need to wait for my Geography NAB result back to see if I need to re-sit. Hopefully I don't though.
But right now I seem to just keep going like this :eek3: whenever I see work.
Lulope
Totally agree on the Geography fount! I have never gotten down everything I want to. Don't worry about writing too much though as long as you don't run out of time. I wrote twenty pages in my prelim :rolleyes:

Are you almost finished your courses? We have one topic left in Geography (Biosphere), one in Maths (Logs etc.), a wee bit in Chemistry (all the Physics stuff so hopefully I'll be fine), two chapters of our English novel left and some poems still to do and we're finished Physics!

We have to do atmosphere and industry but industry is just an extension to standard grade. In maths we just need to do logs. in computing we're doing AI but I don't know how far we are till we're finished, in English we've done all our texts and we're now doing exam practice and in physics we are just doing nuclear reactions and dosimetry and safety. That's actually quite a bit now thinking about it! I fear I won't have an Easter holiday at all! :frown:
Reply 55
Prelim results were quite poor :frown: . Really gonna have to get stuck in soon, revise loads and hopefully prove my teachers wrong :smile: Still have some nabs to sit but pretty much done in all my subjects really.
Got my Geography Paper 2 prelim results back: 99 out of 100! :biggrin:
So that puts my overall prelim mark up from 96% to 98%! :biggrin: :woo:
Now it's just a case of repeating that in May! Oh I wish that was my final exam now!
alasdair1993
Got my Geography Paper 2 prelim results back: 99 out of 100! :biggrin:
So that puts my overall prelim mark up from 96% to 98%! :biggrin: :woo:
Now it's just a case of repeating that in May! Oh I wish that was my final exam now!

:eek: Wow! Well done!:biggrin:
CCDD in my prelims.

Time to get the finger out me thinks..
TheRabbit
:eek: Wow! Well done!:biggrin:

Thanks! :biggrin: And Happy Easter everyone! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending