Scroll to see replies

A Large Town In France
Burning books makes baby Gutenberg cry. :frown:

:lol:
GingerGoat
So canyou can use your Spanish? How good are you? Beyond the course? :smile:
I never had any interest in languages :P:
Wish i did though!
I got my 1 in SG French and got rid of it! not good when your aunty is from France :lol:
I'd to pick up a language at uni hopefully, as more enthusiasm for it now :smile:

And Chemistry FTW :nod:
...Maths if you're mental :P:

Yeah, hopefully I'll become fluent if I work there for a year.
Erm, I'm not sure :lol: It's hard to tell, but I normally get full marks in my essays, and my teacher said my talk was the best she had heard...I don't know how!
I hated French, and I hate English...I really don't know why I like Spanish :lol:

:woo: for chem! :yep: :p:
I'll see what AH Maths is like and then decide if I'll do it or not :p:

Well you could always do French in 1st/2nd year I suppose :p:
GingerGoat
Who? :P:

He invented a method of printing (movable type) that spread like wildfire, making possible for the first time mass dissemination of information in the printed form, playing a large part in sparking the renaissance and arguably taking the first great stride towards modernity. Gutenberg's press is famous.
A Large Town In France
He invented a method of printing (movable type) that spread like wildfire, making possible for the first time mass dissemination of information in the printed form, playing a large part sparking the renaissance and arguably taking the first great stride towards modernity. Gutenberg's press is famous.

Ah the printing press, gotcha :p:
FuturePilot
Yeah, hopefully I'll become fluent if I work there for a year.
Erm, I'm not sure :lol: It's hard to tell, but I normally get full marks in my essays, and my teacher said my talk was the best she had heard...I don't know how!
I hated French, and I hate English...I really don't know why I like Spanish :lol:

:woo: for chem! :yep: :p:
I'll see what AH Maths is like and then decide if I'll do it or not :p:

Well you could always do French in 1st/2nd year I suppose :p:

Must be pretty damn good then!
AH Maths is pretty crazy.
You will curse Isaac Newton by the end of it :P:

Yeah that was my thoughts :smile:
Except German looks interesting, they must have to have about 23 letters in the German version of Scrabble as their words are so long!
GingerGoat
Must be pretty damn good then!
AH Maths is pretty crazy.
You will curse Isaac Newton by the end of it :P:

Yeah that was my thoughts :smile:
Except German looks interesting, they must have to have about 23 letters in the German version of Scrabble as their words are so long!

Haha

:p: One of my friends speaks a little as she has a flat in Germany, and yeah, the words are long!
FuturePilot

Haha

:p: One of my friends speaks a little as she has a flat in Germany, and yeah, the words are long!

Yeah we have a German exchange student, and she showed us the longest word and it was over 50 letters!
GingerGoat
Yeah we have a German exchange student, and she showed us the longest word and it was over 50 letters!

:eek:
What's the longest English word?
Antidis.... [something] :lol: don't know how long it is
FuturePilot

There's antidisestablishmentarianism, or being against the separation of church and state, which I believe is the longest word not explicitly constructed for the purposes of being long. There's also floccinaucinihilipilification (assigning something little or no value) which has only been used very rarely, most notably as an attack in parliament.
FuturePilot

Antidisestablishmentarianism :smile:

And it's worth 33 points in scrabble :smile:

I got bored in biology....
A Large Town In France
There's antidisestablishmentarianism, or being against the separation of church and state, which I believe is the longest word not explicitly constructed for the purposes of being long. There's also floccinaucinihilipilification (assigning something little or no value) which has only been used very rarely, most notably as an attack in parliament.

That's the one :p:

GingerGoat
Antidisestablishmentarianism :smile:

And it's worth 33 points in scrabble :smile:

I got bored in biology....

Yeah, that one :p:
FuturePilot
:p:
Take it you want to do chemistry too? :p::cool:

Yep, I've applied and everything. Hopefully going in September with GingerGoat :woo:
Bipolar Dipole
Yep, I've applied and everything. Hopefully going in September with GingerGoat :woo:

:woo:
What offers have u got?
And are you doing pure chemistry?
FuturePilot
:woo:
What offers have u got?
And are you doing pure chemistry?

BBBB for Strathclyde and ABBB for Glasgow :smile:

I applied for straight chem at strathy, but I'm planning to specialize in either 'Chemistry w/ Drug Discovery' or 'Forensic w/ Analytical Chemistry'. At Glasgow you don't really specialize until the end of your second year, but I'm hoping to specialize in either forensic, medicinal or mathematical chemistry :smile:
Bipolar Dipole
BBBB for Strathclyde and ABBB for Glasgow :smile:

I applied for straight chem at strathy, but I'm planning to specialize in either 'Chemistry w/ Drug Discovery' or 'Forensic w/ Analytical Chemistry'. At Glasgow you don't really specialize until the end of your second year, but I'm hoping to specialize in either forensic, medicinal or mathematical chemistry :smile:

Cool :smile:
Well I'm sure you'll get the grades :smile:
FuturePilot
Cool :smile:
Well I'm sure you'll get the grades :smile:

Lol, if I don't I will actually crawl up my own arse and never come out again. Ever. :smile:

I really need to stop procrastinating and get out the books and proplus [:awesome:]
Bipolar Dipole
Lol, if I don't I will actually crawl up my own arse and never come out again. Ever. :smile:

I really need to stop procrastinating and get out the books and proplus [:awesome:]

Haha

Well, I'm gonna go now...I'm trying to get up at 10ish tomorrow to start studying enthalpy at 11 =D :p:

Night! :smile:
FuturePilot
Haha

Well, I'm gonna go now...I'm trying to get up at 10ish tomorrow to start studying enthalpy at 11 =D :p:

Night! :smile:

Night :biggrin:

Sweet dreams :sexface:
In short, Lulah, i'm screwed.
Bipolar Dipole
Night :biggrin:

Sweet dreams :sexface:

Hi again :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending