The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

The Official Passfield Hall (LSE Accommodation) Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Are there some good places for breakfast nearby?

Also are there sinks in the rooms?
(edited 13 years ago)
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 41
fivc

Yes there are sinks in all rooms.

I'm gonna be new there so dunno about ur first question
Anyone moving in on the 26th???
Hey all, moving in to Passfield on the 26th, anyone who would like a chat add me on facebook, Matthew Smith, or email me, [email protected], would like to meet some people fairly quickly, especially as the 26th is also my birthday!!!! Party on!!
Reply 44
fivc

depends on how much you want to spend but there are plenty of places where you can find food nearby though you might have to walk for like 5-10 mins

there is a place called brunswick with loads of cafes and stuff
Reply 45
caroline147
The Warden's strict on alchohol?! Oh dear. Do they have a problem with drinking in our own rooms/kitchens? I'm not that into drinking, but it'd be nice to be able to have a drink with some friends without worrying :o:

&, sorry for asking again, but do you have any idea how likely it is that the rooms will be ready by around 1pmish? I don't want my family/friends to have to wait around for ages.

sorry you will have to ask passfield about the times
as for alcohol well technically he doesnt know what youre doing in your own room
^^
just make sure nobody gets drunk and starts vomiting all over the place because passfield will charge for damages

last year we had to pay like 5 pounds each because of some idiots thrashing the place, either damaging property or puking or whatever but we do get charged
Reply 46
amarillo
So have you moved in? On the facebook group you could at least add all the committee members and write some helpful posts

hey sorry though im the president im not in the hall this year because well i had a situation..
anywa i will be there welcoming you guys on the day though and will be going to the meetings every sunday
oh the facebook group..
no idea why but there is so few ppl on it
what kinda helpful post do you want?
i had some event thing
and all the members are there
you could check out:
http://www2.lse.ac.uk/lifeAtLSE/accommodation/residentialHalls/passfieldHall/currentResidents/lifeAt/socialCommittee/whosWhoOnTheCommittee.aspx
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 47
kristy888
hey sorry though im the president im not in the hall this year because well i had a situation..
anywa i will be there welcoming you guys on the day though and will be going to the meetings every sunday
oh the facebook group..
no idea why but there is so few ppl on it
what kinda helpful post do you want?
i had some event thing
and all the members are there
you could check out:
http://www2.lse.ac.uk/lifeAtLSE/accommodation/residentialHalls/passfieldHall/currentResidents/lifeAt/socialCommittee/whosWhoOnTheCommittee.aspx

So like will we elect a new president or you will remain president throughout the year?

Secondly, there are so few people because on the main LSE freshers page the link given to official passfield hall is a different group i.e. there are two passfield pages.

And thanks for the link to commitee :smile:
Just a quick question. Im on a 31 week contract does that mean I will have to take ALL of my stuff home with me when i move out? Or is there storage available??
Reply 49
Smithybombom
Just a quick question. Im on a 31 week contract does that mean I will have to take ALL of my stuff home with me when i move out? Or is there storage available??

http://www2.lse.ac.uk/lifeatLSE/accommodation/allocation/info/storage.aspx
Hey,

So I'm a continuing student and got a shared room for this year at Passfield - would anyone know from past observations if it's likely I'm going to share with other 3rd years or, seeing as shared rooms are generally given to 1st years...am I going to have to share with a fresher?

Not that I dislike freshers or anything of course, just that I'm going to have study hard this year...don't want to get too distracted by freshers having the time of their lives and all :smile:
Reply 51
How's the heating at Passfield?
Reply 52
amarillo
So like will we elect a new president or you will remain president throughout the year?

Secondly, there are so few people because on the main LSE freshers page the link given to official passfield hall is a different group i.e. there are two passfield pages.

And thanks for the link to commitee :smile:

you will elect a new president in week 5 i believe so im only president till then
as for the two pages well the thing is the other page was probably created a very long time ago from the prev prev prev president and i cannot make changes to that one so i decided to create a 2010-2011 page for newcomers but maybe not that many people found the new one

ill try to contact lse to change the link though
Reply 53
Smithybombom

it means every term you have to move most of your stuff away
we allow people to store A single luggage, no more due to lack of space but if you have a friend who is not storing anything then you can store another item in their name
plus we are not responsible for your stuff so if it gets stolen, damaged.. well its hard to say who is responsible

but i did move ALL my stuff back every term.. it was tough especially since i lived on the fourth floor with no lift..
Reply 54
Fortification
Hey,

So I'm a continuing student and got a shared room for this year at Passfield - would anyone know from past observations if it's likely I'm going to share with other 3rd years or, seeing as shared rooms are generally given to 1st years...am I going to have to share with a fresher?

Not that I dislike freshers or anything of course, just that I'm going to have study hard this year...don't want to get too distracted by freshers having the time of their lives and all :smile:

i know some 3rd years who had to share with freshers last year..
so maybe
Reply 55
fivc
How's the heating at Passfield?

pretty good i would say, kept me warm
but occasionally rarely it may not work but gets fixed asap
Reply 56
Hey there!

Anyone interested in swapping with me? I have a shared at Northumberland - and am looking for either a single or a shared at Passfield. Message me!

Reply 57
swimmer9
Hey there!

Anyone interested in swapping with me? I have a shared at Northumberland - and am looking for either a single or a shared at Passfield. Message me!

=p whats wrong with northumberland?
Reply 58
Original post by kristy888
region as in if you are from portugal then they pair you with a roommate from portugal? if that is what you mean then no, not necessarily.
As far as I can tell they normally pair you up with people taking the same course as you ie. Econ with Econ etc. Then its mostlikely ethinicity not race. So if you are chinese then most likely paired with chinese but it can be malaysian chinese with british chinese sort of pairing. But all my friends seem to be paired with really good roommates and somehow their personalities really match, they get along well etc.

Plus another advantage of pairing is you get to discuss homework with your roommates. I know people staying up till 3am discussing Economics problem sets!

Anyway its really convenient to have a roommate, they can be really really good friends. :biggrin:

On the LSE website, they mention something about "random allocation" for 2011 folk...is this still applicable? Is it something which is done even though they dont explicably mention?
Reply 59
random allocation? as in your room allocation then yes i think so
but hall allocation normally they let you have your first choice, otherwise second choice

but anything they say on the website should be up to date
u can always email the accommodation office ^^

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending