The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Sophdoph
I don't really think this thread is the place for that kind of comment I'm afraid.

Go figure, then.
Reply 21
How can I put on weight? (without the obvious suggestion of eating, as I've got a fast metabolism)
Reply 22
eat rubbish at irregular hours, randomly missing meals. :smile:
Reply 23
bilb
eat rubbish at irregular hours, randomly missing meals. :smile:

I feel sick like that and lazy and really dumb. No not that, is there another way?

I've heard there is different types of fatness, e.g. two different fat people won't have the same type of fat, one will have really soft fat and other hard fat.
Reply 24
its all psychological....
deliberate stick insect skinny= :puke: :rolleyes:
I get like that too sometimes. Then I remember that I wear size 8-10 clothes, and so if I think I look fat, it's got to be psychological. I pulled a friend of mine on Friday night and he's told me that he likes his women to be fit and slim. He certainly wasn't complaining with my body though. And if I lost weight, ok I'd get into a size 8 every time, but then I'd probably want to get into a size 6 every time, and it would develop into a destructive cycle. I might also lose my 32D boobs, which are my best feature! And maybe this guy wouldn't fancy me if I lost weight.

He was also telling me about his ex girlfriend. He said he met her at uni when they were both in an athletics team together, and described her as slim and blonde, and stunningly attractive. Yesterday I asked him if he had any pictures of her, and he got one out. Not what I was expecting at all. From what he said, I was expecting someone really thin who looked like Barbie. Instead, she was normal sized, probably size 10 but not size 8, and very natural looking. He was right, she was stunning, but in a very understated kind of way.

So it seems men (or some men anyway) have a different idea to women of what makes a girl attractive.

Whenever I start to feel fat, or envy a really thin girl I see walking down the street, I remember these things.
Thats a really good way of thinking about stuff. remembering things like that.

But I know the feeling too, when I see a really skinny girl I just think, wow, it's weird but I find skinny beautiful.

Then you just have to remember that most men don't. I'm a 6-8 as it is, so trying to be skinnier would lose any male attention i get i think.

It's just a matter of trying to put things into perspective. Right now in Africa there are so many people starving and looking skinny because they have no food and water. that puts things into perspective. x x x
Reply 28
I tell myself to get a grip and stop stressing because being too thin simply isn't attractive. If I want to be a walking skeleton then I'll go to a fancy dress shop and hire a costume!
Reply 29
the girl I saw was tall but like size 4,I'm size 10 It's just this thing inside my mind, I'm size 10, I severly wanna be size 8 I don't really know why, it's just that sometimes I see my self fat, and feel that my appetite disgusting and I feel guilty if i felt like eating something more than what is allowed,like for lunch I eat 1 cup if I wanted to eat more I just feel disgusting, like today I wanted to eat 2 peaches in a row,I don't wanna become an overeater,and this scares me :frown:it's like being thin is safer and is better than being fat
habosh
the girl I saw was tall but like size 4,I'm size 10 It's just this thing inside my mind, I'm size 10, I severly wanna be size 8 I don't really know why, it's just that sometimes I see my self fat, and feel that my appetite disgusting and I feel guilty if i felt like eating something more than what is allowed,like for lunch I eat 1 cup if I wanted to eat more I just feel disgusting, like today I wanted to eat 2 peaches in a row,I don't wanna become an overeater,and this scares me :frown:it's like being thin is safer and is better than being fat

Eat as many peaches as you want hon! The best diet is where you get as much of anything you want as long as it's healthy. No deprivation, no rumbling stomach. Unlimited fruit and veg, and a fair amount of meat, fibre, complex carbs and essential fats. All the good stuff.

Even if you don't lose any weight, you'll have tons of energy and you'll be so amazed staring in the mirror at your glowing skin and hair that you won't even notice your arse.
Indulge in your peaches sweety x Thats not overeating in a bad way.
Be careful. I'm sorry but i'm not good at this.
Reply 32
habosh
the girl I saw was tall but like size 4,I'm size 10 It's just this thing inside my mind, I'm size 10, I severly wanna be size 8 I don't really know why, it's just that sometimes I see my self fat, and feel that my appetite disgusting and I feel guilty if i felt like eating something more than what is allowed,like for lunch I eat 1 cup if I wanted to eat more I just feel disgusting, like today I wanted to eat 2 peaches in a row,I don't wanna become an overeater,and this scares me :frown:

Hun I totally understand how you feel, but your thought process when it comes to your weight is very worrying. Do you think you'd feel more comfortable as a size 8, or is it because you want to look like the girl you saw in the street? You're not overeating by any stretch of the imagination, take a look in the food diary thread and see how much other people eat because I bet you don't eat even half of what they do.

it's like being thin is safer and is better than being fat

Put it this way - being 5 stone overweight won't kill you, but being 5 stone underweight probbably will!
Gosh, I hate this thin thing people have going. I'm a size 8-10, but I weigh nine stone and am 5'5". I have no trouble attracting men, and I'm not what society has fashioned to be sexy. Here's a thought: The only reason people want to be thin is because of fashion models...who designs fashions? A lot of men...who are gay...therefore their models are going to look like MEN. And skinny people sizes 2-6 (God help size 2s) are unlikely to have curves. I'm not especially curvy at all. My curvy friends who actually look like women are sizes 12 and above.
There is nothing safe about being overly thin. If you want to be underweight, lose your periods, have bad teeth (in the case of bulimia and also because you're not eating anything) just to conform to society then you are weak.
Well I'm sorta underweight and it's so annoying! I try and eat loads to put on weight but because of my metabolism it just doesn't work! It's annoying though. You get called skinny all the time and some people automatically thik you've got an eating disorder. A boy (a friend of a friend) I met the other day said 'you're a bit skinny...what's that thing called? anorexia?' and I thought ffs! Why are you just assuming that? Boys seem to think that because I'm thin I worry about my weight and never eat anything!

Trust me, you don't wanna be thin - it looks much healthier (and it probably IS healthier!) to be size 10/12 9which certainly isn't fat!!!)

A good piece of advice i've heard BTW is to 'eat what you want, when you want' as this means you eat what your body wants you to eat...if you see what I mean.

Don't worry, I've a feeling this is a faze and you'll feel better soon!

MissSurfer
Reply 35
twiga
Hun I totally understand how you feel, but your thought process when it comes to your weight is very worrying. Do you think you'd feel more comfortable as a size 8, or is it because you want to look like the girl you saw in the street? You're not overeating by any stretch of the imagination, take a look in the food diary thread and see how much other people eat because I bet you don't eat even half of what they do.
!

Actully I feel i eat much more than the others,or maybe more quantities.
I don't know,it's that I just wanna get skinnier and skinnier I can't explain it,it's like this feeling that you always wanna lose more weight :confused:my mom would certainly notice if I had anorexia,but it's kinda annoying ,not being satisfied with what you have,I don't fear losing loads of weight...etc,but I hate the feeling if you get what I mean.
Reply 36
It's called anorexia =\
Reply 37
Mittal
A real quick way to become thin is by smoking. Smoke your body mass of.

:bandit:

Not necxessarily my mam put on a hell of a lot of weight from smoking! and plus its not 2 healthy now is it?!
Reply 38
glance
It's called anorexia =\

maybe a mild one,cause I eat fairly enough and love food,I don't hate it,nor I see my self extreamly fat :rolleyes: