The Student Room Group
Reply 1
all three my friend. Alllll thrrreeee.
I went to one with parents, one with school and two with a friend but I went to a post offer visit day on my own. It's a mix really, I think its possibly better to go on your own as you can visit look at exactly what you want to look at.
Reply 3
I went to them all on my own. I'm sure my Mum would be bored looking round computer labs!
Took my mum with me on 2. Its O.K to have someone with you to dicuss the day as it goes along.

Took my Dad on other - no help what so ever haha.

You don't really need them, but mine wanted to be with me just to see what the uni's like.
Reply 5
i went with my mum to all of mine (partially for the lift there and back). For the tour of the uni i ended up at i took some friends too...1 ended up here too
Edit: My dad took me to Leeds
Went on one with school, and two others with my mum. Both parents are coming with me to one next week.

I reckon it's better on my own though, or with a friend, because then there's less chance of an embarassment, and you're mum doesn't go round chatting on about c*** you don't care about. I went to an interview on my own and got a much better feel for myself than when my mum was there.
I went with both my parents for 3, my dad for one and 2 friends for one, most people I saw/spoke to came with parents.
Reply 8
The ones I'm going to I'm going with my parents. That's cus I need them to take me but also so I'm not on my own...they can help me if I need them better if they've seen the place too.
My parents went with me to the unis (mainly because I'm the first one in the family and I think they were curious :biggrin:) but they generally had tea in the cafe whilst I looked around alone.
The ones I went to had very few people on their own. If anything, the majority seemed to have parents with them. A lot of friends go together with one or other set of parents to give them free transport and usually a meal afterwards!
Took dad on one, mother on other.

Dad liked it because he's a clever guy and reasonably interested in science.
Mother works in a lab as an assistant so she enjoyed it too.
Reply 12
On my own :3
i went to 1 with my dad, 1 with my sister (still don't know why she went with me..) and 2 on my own, and i'm going to a post offer open day on monday on my own too

Latest

Trending

Trending