The Student Room Group

Is it ok to do my EE in art if I want a career in biology?

Its probably too late for me to change the subject now, but I decided to do my extended essay in art though im thinking of a career in biology...But would they ask in a university interview or whatever what you did for the essay? Just wondering if it would make a difference or not really :-)
(Also, any ideas for how I could link the two for a topic? ^^)
Reply 1
I did mine in English and I'm going to study biology. No one cared.

Though you could always do your EE on science as inspiration for artists. 8)
you should be fine, it depends which university of course. The insanely tough ones may nit pick, especially in the ever increasing competition.
papanatas
Its probably too late for me to change the subject now, but I decided to do my extended essay in art though im thinking of a career in biology...But would they ask in a university interview or whatever what you did for the essay? Just wondering if it would make a difference or not really :-)
(Also, any ideas for how I could link the two for a topic? ^^)

I got into Imperial & UCL for Biology with an English A1 EE. On UCAS you don't even need to specify the subject so they never need to know unless they ask (?).

It does give you more to talk about on your PS, though.
Reply 4
opaltiger
I did mine in English and I'm going to study biology. No one cared.

Though you could always do your EE on science as inspiration for artists. 8)

Cool, thanks :smile: Just one of my tutors was warning us the other day about that they'd probably ask about it in interviews.. And I am kind of doing that as a topic now, I wanted to do about can science be art? (Though that probably a bit too broad right now :tongue:)

Latest

Trending

Trending