The Student Room Group
I'd rather study in the US because of the weather, that's about it, but the astronomical price tag on education across the pond scares me too much.
Reply 2
personally, i decided to study in the US b.c. there were just so many schools to choose from. the University of California, where i actually go now, is so diverse in all aspects (academics, people, experiences) they offer. im sure many other good, developed countries offer the same opportunities though.

i came here for high school to prepare me for a US university or college and decided to actually go all the way through schooling here in the US. the experience is so amazing: student activities like sports games, free concerts by well known american bands, etc. The school and student community spirit most schools possess is so electrifying and amazing whenever there's athletic games, or concerts, or any other student activities. there's different people, different experiences-- im having the time of my life. that's just my opinion.

and oh because many of our politicians and businesspeople in the philippines attended US schools- that's why many parents in the Philippines aspire sending their kids abroad particularly the US.

oh im not from the UK, im from the Phil. sorry but just wanted to give an input.
Reply 3
Because it would greatly benefit my CV, I'd like to experience life in another country (but I'm not of a good enough level at any other language than English to actually study somewhere), the weather is nice, it looks very interesting etc.

I'm actually only plan studying there for a year, after doing two here :smile:
Reply 4
Because what I want to do is done and taught so much better in the US (facilities, funding, etc).
Reply 5
can anyone help me with my fulbright application? I need some unique ideas about why i want to study in america, but i am clueless to its benefits....
Also when it says 'excellent academic record' what does this mean ? I got 35 in my IB but it translates to like 3 As at a level and im not sure about the SAT equivalence.
Reply 6
I prefer the liberal arts programs at American universities. The ability to create a study program perfectly tailored to your personal strengths and preferences is much better than the single subject concentration approach.
The weather.

Latest

Trending

Trending