The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
curryADD
they insulted my country! its a good thing america is the superpower of the world...or i would actually take your petty insults badly....*smirks*

*chuckles* America has already signed its own death warrant in that respect curry. 150-200 years from now, America will be little more than a present day Poland or Turkey.
Reply 21
curryADD
yeah...that was written by a guy in PRISON because the brits found out he was a patriot at the time......watching the battle outside to free him! so yes....it makes since!

Except the prisioner was probably a rapist and paedophile...
Come on guys. Allow them Americans. You know it ain't fair. We outnumber them by at least 50:1 on this forum.
Reply 23

except that the prisoner was a political prisoner..... yea~

thank you jediknight
Reply 24

Was that really called for?
Reply 25
curryADD
except that the prisoner was a political prisoner..... yea~

thank you jediknight

Don't you approve of our freedom of speech...?
Reply 26
jediknight007
Come on guys. Allow them Americans. You know it ain't fair. We outnumber them by at least 50:1 on this forum.

Yes. And thats the odds Americans like. Isn't that what the Americans do in warfare?
Reply 27
Sire
*chuckles* America has already signed its own death warrant in that respect curry. 150-200 years from now, America will be little more than a present day Poland or Turkey.

Just you wait for poland to take its place (even nostradamus said so)
Wasn't there a plot boiling in here about the Royal Family? I remember, I wanted a palace.

Then we could have a new national anthem! How does that sound?
Reply 29
Interesting critisism of Poland considering they (together with the Spanish) just brought the EU meeting to a grinding halt by telling the French and Germans where to go.

Howard
elpaw
Just you wait for poland to take its place (even nostradamus said so)

What did he say? Enlighten me.
Reply 31
Howard
Interesting critisism of Poland considering they (together with the Spanish) just brought the EU meeting to a grinding halt by telling the French and Germans where to go.

Howard

what criticism?
Reply 32
thefish_uk
What did he say? Enlighten me.

after world war three (the war to end all wars) one of the only countries to emerge unscathed would be poland, and would become the next superpower after the fall of the US
Reply 33
elpaw
after world war three (the war to end all wars) one of the only countries to emerge unscathed would be poland, and would become the next superpower after the fall of the US

What about the UK?
Reply 34
What about the UK?

Yeah, what about the UK, and also that little island in the southern hemisphere?
Reply 35
elpaw
what criticism?

Apologies. A poor choice of word. Perhaps "sarcasm" would have been more apt.

Or was

"150-200 years from now, America will be little more than a present day Poland or Turkey"

supposed to be complimentary?

Howard
Reply 36
Sire
Yeah, what about the UK, and also that little island in the southern hemisphere?

antarctica..... yaeh, that will emerge slightly unscathed (but it will melt a bit due to the nuclear holocaust, which will refreeze in the nuclear winter)
Reply 37
Howard
Apologies. A poor choice of word. Perhaps "sarcasm" would have been more apt.

Or was

"150-200 years from now, America will be little more than a present day Poland or Turkey"

supposed to be complimentary?

Howard

its sort of both. poland and turkey used to be "superpowers", but have degraded over the centuries.
Reply 38
Coming back to the point of debate, God Save The Queen is a fine National Anthem for such a fine upstanding country. If it isn't broken let's not try to fix it - unless it's for Rule Brittania! :biggrin:
Reply 39
elpaw
its sort of both. poland and turkey used to be "superpowers", but have degraded over the centuries.

Yes, I know. My missus happens to be Polish and she's always on to me about how the Polish border used to expand as far east as Moscow!

Latest

Trending

Trending