The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Flipsta
I've worn my retainer ever since I had it after I got the braces removed. My teeth have moved despite wearing my retainer. My wisdom teeth are coming out and everything is shifting slightly so if I were you i'd see your dentist asap.

Yeah its a sod.

I broke one of mine and had to get a new one made, but in the 4weeks it took to get a new one tooth, last of the front four, moved behind the others.

I now have a retainer than i wear about once a week which seems stop it getting worse, but apparently theres little the can do to get it straight again without traintracks which i wouldnt get funding for now.

If i dont wear it for a month its a few nites of hell (and beer/paracetamol) to get it fitting again as my wisdom teeth keep pushing it all about.

IE, man the **** up and get a replacment!

Daniel
I hardly bothered with my retainers at all since I got my braces off around three years ago, and my teeth are OK - not perfect, but better than they were. And I'm fine with that. So I guess it just depends on how bothered you are, but I'm not too worried about my teeth as long as they're healthy.
Reply 22
cookiemonster1
i want to bang my head against the wall from the pain. :banghead:

I wouldn't do that - it would cause you more pain.

Latest