The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

This is my third year trying, my offer caught me wholly out of the blue, I was convinced I had failed. I do not think I have ever had to work for something so hard.
Reply 2
I waited 5 months for a decision at all....the longer I waited the more convinced I was I'd fail. I'd started planning what I wanted to do in my gap year, so I was over the moon when I got an offer!
Reply 3
I honestly thought I'd get four rejections without interview.
Reply 4
Single Malt
This is my third year trying, my offer caught me wholly out of the blue, I was convinced I had failed. I do not think I have ever had to work for something so hard.

Awww well done dude...you must have REALLY wanted to do Medicine...i'm happy for you... you are determined! :smile:
Reply 5
I was confident at the start but when January came around and I had no interviews, the panic definitely set in and I felt incredible miserable and lethargic thinking about a bloody gap year. It reached cataclysmic level after I had all my interviews (over-analysis of everything I said, "why the **** didn't I say that?" moments, and so on) and was waiting for a decision. Big phew in the end!
I'm not sure if it sounds cocky or whatever, but I definitely thought I'd get at least one.
Sine
Awww well done dude...you must have REALLY wanted to do Medicine...i'm happy for you... you are determined! :smile:

Thanks, though I cannot help but think if I had have pulled out all of the stops like I did this year, I would be in my second year of uni...
Reply 8
billet-doux
I'm not sure if it sounds cocky or whatever, but I definitely thought I'd get at least one.

It does a little. But with all the work you put in (judging by your applicant profile), you reserve the right. :p:
Reply 9
:woo:
Single Malt
Thanks, though I cannot help but think if I had have pulled out all of the stops like I did this year, I would be in my second year of uni...

Oh well...you got there in the end :woo: :woo:

What do you think went wrong the first/second time?
toby_ling
It does a little. But with all the work you put in (judging by your applicant profile), you reserve the right. :p:

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound cocky, I just thought that if I came across half decently, I would hopefully get an offer from Liverpool. That was the only one I was counting on :p: Congrats on your offers as well btw!
Single Malt

Wow, third time!

Congrats :top: that must have been difficult to go through.
Last year i thought i would get 4 rejections without interview, and I did.

This year i thought I would get at least one offer, but I thought I would get 3 interviews.
Reply 13
Single Malt

:eek: at the commitment and desire! I would have given you an offer for that alone. I know a girl who was also having a third attempt and got asked at the interview: How do we know that you're committed to doing medicine? (ok, interviewers probably didn't know that she was trying for a third time, but what an answer that would be)
vas876
Last year i thought i would get 4 rejections without interview, and I did.

This year i thought I would get at least one offer, but I thought I would get 3 interviews.

I'm just weirdly humbled by all you reapplicants, not sure if I would still have the drive. Congratulations anyway!
Reply 15
After last year I was pretty terrified about getting four rejections again. But I made sure I maximised my chances of all three interviews this year, so although I was quietly confident getting in still weighed on my mind quite a bit.
TooSexyForMyStethoscope
I know it sounds strange but how many of you lot with offers thought in October that you would actually succeed? I mean were you always confident or has it come as a surprise?

has ANYONE received an unconditional for medicine for glasgow :s-smilie: ?

so far ive not heard anyone with less than 2conditions for advanced higher...

(just wondering, cos my best friend is applying for medicine, 3 rejections, and waiting for glasgow.. but with AAAAB....)
TooSexyForMyStethoscope
I'm just weirdly humbled by all you reapplicants, not sure if I would still have the drive. Congratulations anyway!

I was definitely disheartened, but at the same time it made me even more determined. As I knew it was what I wanted to spend my life in, so i just used it as an opportunity to prove them wrong.
LouisVuitton43
has ANYONE received an unconditional for medicine for glasgow :s-smilie: ?

so far ive not heard anyone with less than 2conditions for advanced higher...

(just wondering, cos my best friend is applying for medicine, 3 rejections, and waiting for glasgow.. but with AAAAB....)

No, they give conditions to all 5th year applicants. They don't really hold you to it though, friend of mine needed BBC and got BCC but still got in. It is more to ensure that you do not get out of the way of learning so you don't start failing at the start of the course.
If I didn't think I could do it, I would never have tried in the first place. However, I must confess to being utterly disheartened and sure that it would all go wrong during February. That's probably quite normal.

Latest

Trending

Trending