The Student Room Group

Help with choosing a college!!

There is a college locally to me which is not very good that i am considering going to. None of my friends are going there to do the same courses, but it is fifteen minutes away on the bus from where i am moving house to.
However, there is a very highly rated college not too far away from where i currently live, but if i move, it is over and hour and a half on the bus. i know quite a few people who are going, but none of them live near me.
Which do you suggest i go to, the one that i will have to travel a total of 3 hours a day for but will give me a good education. or the local college which will give me a total of 30 minutes of travelling a day, give me time to do a job but possibly affect my quality of education?
I'd recommend going to the better college if you can afford it and don't mind the travel. I personally go to a college that 1 hour and 1/2 to get there but it's so much better than the crappy college nearby plus it gives me much more time to revise and get other work done.
In terms of applying to the VI form further away...
If you have the commitment to do it then do it.
If you have the time to do it then do it.
If you have the money to travel (as it can be a factor) those distances then do it.

I'd try for the better school. But theres no harm in applying for both and rejecting one of them later.
Good luck
Reply 3
You can achieve top grades no matter where you go. You may just have to motivate yourself more and self-study more at the close one.
It all depends if you can afford the travel, how much you will see friends outside of college and how far away they will be. Do you KNOW you will get a job? , because if you do you can always just do weekends like plenty of people
A hour and a half bus journey home is an hour less you can study everyday, you should take that in to consideration.

Latest