The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Why are busses suddly the median for sperading your religion? Seems odd is all :P
Reply 41
God bless everyone who is trying to promote peace...
...and God curse those who are killing all those innocent people out there.
goodmen
To be fair, muslims normally have conflicting views.

No different from Christians then...

You see that sort of behavior in any faith, not just Islam.
Reply 43
Silly_Wabbit
No different from Christians then...

You see that sort of behavior in any faith, not just Islam.

true.. all religion is cancer.
"love for all hatred for none"

err... hate to point out the obvious, but if you look at the comment section, the Muslims are even hating on themselves! haha
Reply 45
iwilson03
nice little rant there. I was only commenting that they are apparently not in the mainstream - i.e., like certain Christian churches are not in the mainstream of Christianity (Roman Catholicism, Anglicanism etc.)
Really I wasn't trying to generalise Muslims at all, just adding in a little more information.

Fair enough; sorry did I mean to write at the end that by "you" I didn't mean you personally for saying what you said but I was rushed off the PC lol.

Consider it a rant against the stereotype, but nonetheless, as an refutation it certainly holds, albeit possibly not directly refuting "you".

nihility
alot of people do get an image of islam from the media. however alot of us on tsr are well read on islam and its quran. well read on the sharia and the less than friendly verses about unbelievers and executing entire
tribes. and alot of critics of islam are tired of being labelled by the contemptuous soundbite "islamophobic" , a phobia is an irrational fear of something, a fear of islam is rational. you are cheapening the experiences of people with real phobias, like arachnophobia.

Lol, good argument there. :rolleyes:

I would ask you to explain your value-judgements but going by your rep and past posts... I'll pass on discussing matters with you.
Reply 46
this is brilliant news and we need more of this
what is there is to discuss?, u only want to heat up hatered with your sterotypes and prejudices!
Reply 47
GottaLovePhysics! :)
Why are busses suddly the median for sperading your religion? Seems odd is all :P

It all makes sense now.

Bus drivers are the messengers from god. :woo:
DJkG.1
Fair enough; sorry did I mean to write at the end that by "you" I didn't mean you personally for saying what you said but I was rushed off the PC lol.

Consider it a rant against the stereotype, but nonetheless, as an refutation it certainly holds, albeit possibly not directly refuting "you".

Although I will say that I am against organised religion on principle, I would never suggest that the majority of believers are violent, not at all - and it is wrong to stereotype in that way so yes, your post/essay stands :yy:
Reply 49
Devel
It all makes sense now.

true dat. :lol:
Reply 50
DJkG.1

I just wanted to say that the Ahmadiyya group of people are not considered to be Muslims (google it, I can't be bothered with the details). Just wanted to clear that up. =)
Devel
It all makes sense now.

Or the lack of god according to the athiest buses. :p:
Reply 52
Ask any Muslim the punishment for apostasy is Islam and then ask them to explain how Islam is peaceful.
Reply 53
qwertymofo
Ask any Muslim the punishment for apostasy is Islam and then ask them to explain how Islam is peaceful.

No punishment for apostasy in Islam. Quranic verse "There is no compulsion in Religion". People misinterpret Islam for their own personal or political gains.
Blátönn
:yes:

:no: :no:
Reply 55
Srxjer
Have these people even read the Qur'an?

have you?
Reply 56
JW92
I'd rather some religious people didn't try to force themselves down people's necks, but that'll never happen and as it goes this message is nice enough. Also, I doubt anyone is going to convert because they saw this on a bus.

I doubt its actualy aimed at converting, rather just spreading the word of islam, saying that it isn't bombs and aeroplanes, but rather peaceful.
Reply 57
paella
All religion is extremism.

A religion is a way of, not believing in religion but living you life by your rules is also a way of life... by your definition everything is extremism :P
Reply 58
bill-e
I doubt its actualy aimed at converting, rather just spreading the word of islam, saying that it isn't bombs and aeroplanes, but rather peaceful.

Oh, I see. Well that's alright I guess.
Reply 59
DJkG.1

Lol, good argument there. :rolleyes:

I would ask you to explain your value-judgements but going by your rep and past posts... I'll pass on discussing matters with you.

i would expect so as i am kuffar.

Latest

Trending

Trending