The Student Room Group

Summer Jobs

Heya! :rolleyes:
I wanted to know if someone could give me advice on summer jobs.
I need to get a job next summer because I want to make some money for university.I will be in London and I will be 19 next summer. Any ideas?
And if someone out there has had a job in London please don't hesitate to tell me all about it ( where you worked, what you did, what you got paid , how long you did it for etc) Thank you.
Reply 1
The esaiest place to get summer jobs are fast food places, especially McDonalds, they are nearly allways under-staffed so to get any workers for any length of time time is a priority for them.
yeah steevo is right mcmadonalds is one of the companies that might employ people with no job experience however do keep trying because something always comes up especially christimas time. one of the hardest place to get a job in is in asda. i've applied so many times been rejected so many times.
Reply 3
Shops, restaurants, bars, places like that generally take on summer staff so try applying to them. If you'll have completed at least a year of university and are doing a subject like engineering, computing, finance-related subjects, etc., you may be able to get a summer internship with a company (e.g. I worked for BAE Systems after my first year at university).
Jenn xx

Latest

Trending

Trending