The Student Room Group
Reply 1
My mate did it and it counted towards the college were currently at? weird :/
Reply 2
I have never heard of it.
Reply 3
That's ridiculous, GCSEs are GCSEs, doing that course may appear 'weaker' than others, simply because it a few GCSEs in one subject. It shouldn't make a difference though.
Skaterkid
So yeh the sixth form I applied for says DiDA dont count, so did i pick to do 4 fake gcses instead of doing 2 real ones
Depends where you applied to tbh. I applied to a few colleges when applying for A levels and two said they didn't count and the rest said they did. So...yeah. If it concerns you this much you could always enquire at other VI forms to whether they'd take your GCSEs/predictions/etc and the subjects you are interested in. However this is your prerogative.
Yeah he's a rubbish goalie now.

Ok seriously, some 6th form don't count it, if you don't meet their requirements, apply elsewhere?
Reply 6
Too bad I guess worked for me......but we didnt have a choice at high school, everone had to do it because they scrapped the proper gcse the year before
Reply 7
Yeah I was pissed of too when they told me I had not been doing a GCSE in ICT, it was actually something called DiDa...
Really annoyed because my high school teachers were like 'this is your GCSE, so make it count!'
I did the AiDA (the first unit of DiDA), it was the biggest waste of a qualification. Some sixth forms don't accept it, and seeing as I managed to doss around for 18 months then complete the whole 2-year course in about 4 weeks I can sort of see why. Schools shouldn't say that qualifications like this are as good as/equivalent to GCSEs, as in reality sixth forms don't see them this way, even though they are technically of the same NQF level.
Reply 9
i don't even know what they are
Reply 10
I don't see why it wouldn't be counted.

It is definitely counted at my school.
My Year 9 head of year tried to pressure me into doing the 4 "GCSE" ICT, now i'm glad I didn't listen to her...
Reply 12
Dida doesn't count for loads of Uni courses, waste of time, no idea why schools make you do them!

Latest