The Student Room Group

What uni for criminology?

I am hoping to study Criminology at university but I am stuck about which university to go to? There are so many to choose from. I want a university that will be recognised as a good university and whcich requires a decent amount of entry points for the course.

Does anyone have any idea which universities are recognised around the UK as being particularly good in social sciences or simply criminology?
Reply 1
Im going to Southampton Solent University (used to be southampton institute) to do criminology - but I chose it by location rather than reputation.
Reply 2
Manchester
check out reps for law/social science dept in unis at ull get a good idea.
Criminology is usually in law dept. or social sciences.

good luck with ur search!
Patrick
Reply 3
Try Kent, Keele, Leicstr, Lincoln - theyre all pretty good for it.. go onto the ucas site and do lots of searches!!!
Many universities do it as a combined subject too, so maybe combine it with something else you enjoy, just to help the workload.
Reply 4
Leicester is meant to be really good for criminology- i think it was the first uni to offer the course so has loads of books/ research. Other unis that were recommended to me for criminology were Manchester, Southampton (course called applied social science but looked really interesting), Leeds, Sheffield (were I'm of to in a few weeks w00t!) and Liverpool. The Liverpool course was my favourite because it was combined with Law- but I didn't reckon I'd get the grades. Hope thats some help x
Reply 5
law and criminology....new course Manchester Uni 2006.

Only thing is it's AAA!!!!!!
Reply 6
I don't want to study Law so criminology combined with it is out. Three A's I hope to acheive although realisticly I will probbably be looking at AAB because I just scraped an A in geography. I think i will end up at either Liverpool, York, Manchester, Loughbrough, Leicester or Hull. Would anyone not recommomend any of these?
Reply 7
i'd recommend Manchester
Liverpool,York Loughborough are also good
don't know much about Leicester or Hull.
Reply 8
[i am off to mancehster, so i will keep u informed as to what it is like, the criminology and social policy degree..

Latest

Trending

Trending